Kansas City Kansas Community College
|Motto||Making Life Better|
|President||Jacqueline Vietti (acting)|
|Location||Kansas City, Kansas, US
|Colors||Blue and red
Kansas City Kansas Community College (KCKCC) is a public two year community college located in Kansas City, Kansas, United States. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association and the Kansas Board of Regents.
Kansas City Kansas Community College was founded in 1923 as part of the Public School System of Kansas City, Kansas. In 1965, in accordance with legislation governing two-year colleges in the State of Kansas, the name of the college changed to Kansas City Kansas Junior College. In 1979, legislative action created another name change for the two-year colleges in the state. The term "junior" was dropped from their names and replaced with "community"; at this time the college officially became known as Kansas City Kansas Community College.
The main buildings of KCKCC are all dedicated to someone who was an important part of KCKCC's history.
|Name of building||Function of building|
|Humanities Building||Division of Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences; classrooms|
|Henry M. Louis Social & Behavioral Sciences Building||Administration building, classrooms|
|Jewell Student Center||Bookstore, dining services, Student Services|
|Science Building||Science and Lab classrooms, Campus Police|
|Mathematics Building||Division of Mathematics Science Computer Technology Business and Continuing Education; Mathematics classrooms|
|Performing Arts Center||Theatre Department and Media Services|
|Nursing Building||Division of Nursing and Allied Health|
|Flint Building||Business classrooms; Mortuary Science classrooms|
|Field House||Athletic Department and Gymnasium|
|Learning Commons||Library services; TRIO Student Support Services resources, Learning Resource Center; Center for Teaching Excellence|
|Allied Health Building||Division of Nursing and Allied Health, Student Recreation Center|
|Community Education Building||Classrooms|
|Mary Ann Flunder Lodge by the Lake||Conference Center|
|Credit Union||Bank services|
|Campus Child Care Center||Child care services|
The official mascot for the Kansas City Kansas Community College is the Blue Devils. The college has 8 sports. They participate in the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and the Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference. The women's basketball team won the NJCAA Division II Women's Basketball National Championship in 2016.
- Irene C. Peden, first American woman engineer or scientist to conduct research in the Antarctic
- "The Higher Learning Commission". The Higher Learning Commission. Retrieved 2007-10-06.
- "Related Links". North Central Association. Archived from the original on 2007-08-29. Retrieved 2007-10-06.
- "KBOR Institutions". Kansas Board of Regents. Retrieved 2007-10-06.
- "Kansas City Kansas Community College - Accreditation". Kansas City Kansas Community College. Archived from the original on 2007-08-31. Retrieved 2007-10-06.
- "KCKCC's Campus Map". KCKCC. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- KJCCC Members Archived 2010-06-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Kansas City Kansas brings home DII national crown". NJCAA. NJCAA. March 20, 2016. Retrieved April 18, 2016.
- SWE (13 March 2008). "Irene Peden". Engineering Pioneers. Society of Women Engineers. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- Peden, Irene (2 March 2002). "SWE Pioneers" (PDF). Society of Women Engineers (Interview). Interview with Kata, Lauren. p. 6. Retrieved 29 October 2015.