Kansas Wesleyan Coyotes
|Kansas Wesleyan Coyotes|
|University||Kansas Wesleyan University|
|Conference||Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference|
|Athletic director||Mike Hermann|
|Football stadium||Gene Bissell Field at the Graves Family Sports Complex|
|Basketball arena||Mabee Arena|
|Baseball stadium||Dean Evans Stadium|
|Softball stadium||Bill Burke Park|
|Soccer stadium||Gene Bissell Field at the Graves Family Sports Complex|
|Colors||Purple and Gold
The Kansas Wesleyan Coyotes are the athletic teams that represent Kansas Wesleyan University in Salina, Kansas. They are part of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), competing in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference (KCAC).
|Men's Sports||Women's Sports|
Track & Field
Track & Field
The Coyotes football program made its first appearance in 1893 with a record of four wins and one loss. They would not field a team again until 1899 when the school played one game against Kansas State Agriculture College (now known as Kansas State University) and lost by a score of 17–5. The program continued every year until 1904 when the program was suspended for one year. In all, the school did not field a team during the following years: 1894–1898, 1904, 1910–1913, 1918, and 1943–1945. As of completion of the 2009 season, the program has an all-time record of 379 wins, 377 losses, and 38 ties.
- maintained Salina Media Group. "VIDEO: Video Tour of New KWU Stadium".
- Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference Style Guide (PDF). July 6, 2016. Retrieved July 10, 2016.
- "Member Institutions (Kansas Wesleyan University)". Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference. Retrieved May 27, 2013.
- College Football Data Warehouse Kansas Wesleyan
- College Football Data Warehouse Kansas Wesleyan Results 1895-1899
- College Football Data Warehouse Kansas Wesleyan Results 1900-1904
- College Football Data Warehouse Archived 2012-10-14 at the Wayback Machine. Kansas Wesleyan bowl history