Kansas gubernatorial election, 2010
|Elections in Kansas|
The 2010 Kansas gubernatorial election was held on November 2, 2010. Incumbent Governor Mark Parkinson, who assumed office when previous Governor Kathleen Sebelius was sworn in as the United States Secretary of Health and Human Services on April 28, 2009, declined to seek election. United States Senator Sam Brownback, who unsuccessfully ran for president in 2008, emerged as the Republican nominee, facing off against Democratic State Senator Tom Holland, who was unopposed for his party's nomination. Owing to the large amount of popularity that he had accumulated during his tenure in the United States Senate, Brownback defeated Holland in a landslide to become the 46th Governor of Kansas.
|Poll source||Dates administered||Sam Brownback||Joan Heffington|
|Survey USA||July 29-August 1, 2010||75%||18%|
|Survey USA||July 15–18, 2010||73%||19%|
|Survey USA||June 24–27, 2010||76%||17%|
|Cook Political Report||Solid R||October 26, 2010|
|CQ Politics||Likely R||October 28, 2010|
|RealClearPolitics||Safe R||October 26, 2010|
|Rothenberg||Safe R||October 22, 2010|
|Sabato's Crystal Ball||Safe R||October 21, 2010|
|Poll source||Dates administered||Sam Brownback (R)||Tom Holland (D)|
|Survey USA||September 16, 2010||59%||32%|
|Survey USA||August 12–15, 2010||67%||25%|
|Rasmussen Reports||August 4, 2010||57%||34%|
|Rasmussen Reports||June 30, 2010||59%||31%|
|Rasmussen Reports||May 11, 2010||58%||27%|
|Rasmussen Reports||March 1, 2010||55%||33%|
|Libertarian||Andrew P. Gray||22,460||2.68%||+1.63%|
|Reform||Kenneth W. Cannon||15,397||1.84%||+1.22%|
|Republican gain from Democratic||Swing|
- "2010 Governors Race Ratings". Cook Political Report. Retrieved October 26, 2010.
- "Race Ratings Chart: Governor". CQ Politics. Retrieved October 28, 2010.
- "2010 Governor Races". RealClearPolitics. Retrieved October 26, 2010.
- "Governor Ratings". Rothenberg Political Report. Retrieved October 26, 2010.
- "2010 Governor Ratings". Sabato's Crystal Ball. Retrieved October 26, 2010.
- Elections at the Kansas Secretary of State
- Kansas Governor Candidates at Project Vote Smart
- Kansas Governor 2010 from OurCampaigns.com
- 2010 Kansas Governor General Election: Sam Brownback (R) vs Tom Holland (D) graph of multiple polls from Pollster.com
- Election 2010: Kansas Governor from Rasmussen Reports
- 2010 Kansas Governor – Brownback vs. Holland from Real Clear Politics
- 2010 Kansas Governor's Race from CQ Politics
- Campaign contributions for 2010 Kansas Governor from Follow the Money
- Race Profile in The New York Times
- News coverage from The Midwest Democracy Project at The Kansas City Star
- Official campaign sites