|Kanshi Ram Nagar district
|• Total||1,993 km2 (770 sq mi)|
|• Density||720/km2 (1,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-UP-KN|
The district of Kanshi Ram Nagar was established on 15 April 2008 by separating Kasganj, Patiali and Sahawar tehsils from Etah district. For a while, the district was named after a politician, Kanshi Ram. The decision taken by Mayawati, chief minister of Uttar Pradesh and president of the BSP provoked protests by lawyers who had proposed to call it in honor of Sant Sant Tulsidas, who was born in the district, that place known as Soron(Sukarkshetra). The district reverted to its original name in 2012. Adjacent districts of Kasganj are Aligarh, Budaun, Etah, Farrukhabad and Khair Tehsil.
According to the 2011 census Kasganj district has a population of 1,438,156, roughly equal to the nation of Swaziland or the US state of Hawaii. This gives it a ranking of 345th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 736 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,910/sq mi). Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 17.05%. Kanshiram Nagar has a sex ratio of 879 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 62.3%.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20090513072659/http://www.hindustandainik.com/news/5922_2117188%2C0015002500000000.htm. Archived from the original on 13 May 2009. Retrieved 20 May 2015. Missing or empty
- Lawyers against naming new Kasganj district after Kanshi Ram
- "Important Cabinet Decisions". Lucknow: Information and Public Relations Department. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 1 January 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
|Hathras district||Etah district||Farrukhabad district|