Kantaro: The Sweet Tooth Salaryman
Kantaro: The Sweet Tooth Salaryman (さぼリーマン甘太朗 Saboriman Kantarou) is a live-action TV drama-comedy coproduced by Netflix and TV Tokyo. The plot revolves around Ametani Kantarou, played by Onoe Matsuya, a salaryman who works at a publishing house. His colleagues perceive him as a fast and efficient worker that everyone can trust, but in reality he slacks off from work to eat sweets. Its first season has twelve 24-minutes episodes and was released by TV Tokyo between 13 July and 29 September 2017, and from Netflix on 7 July 2017.
Although the story is fictional, the show features real locations and dessert hotspots in Tokyo. Each episode is centered in a typical Japanese dessert such as Anmitsu, Kakigōri, Mitsumame or a Japanese interpretation of a foreign dish such as parfait, eclair, pancake or matcha bavarois.
- Onoe Matsuya (尾上松也) as Ametani Kantarou
- Ishikawa Ren (石川恋) as Dobashi Kanako
- Minagawa Sarutoki (皆川猿時) as Miyake Toru
- Onoue Hiroyuki (尾上寛之) as Yamaji Daisuke
- Shimizu Hazuki (清水葉月) as Sano Erika
- Kentaro as Takarabe Yutaka
- Yagi Masayasu (八木将康) as Gogase Hiroki
- Nakamura Yasuhi (中村靖日) as Matsuzawa Fuufu
- Moriguchi Yoko (森口瑤子) as Ametani Eriko
- Original writing: Manga Saboriman Ametani Kantarou by Hagiwara Tensei (萩原天晴)
- Screenwriter: Murakami Hiroki (村上大樹), Adachi Shin (足立紳), Yamaguchi Toshiyuki (山口智之), Sakai Yoshifumi (酒井善史)
- Producer: Narita Gaku, Kobayashi Fuminori (小林史憲)
- Director: Moriya Kentaro (守屋健太郎), Ishida Yusuke (石田雄介)
- Music: Makido Taro (牧戸太郎)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
Systems programmer Kantaro starts his first day as a sales rep in a publishing company. His colleagues think he is cool and efficient but he's really only working so hard so has time to play hooky and eat sweets!In this episode he visits the Kanmidokoro Hatsune, a traditional sweets shop in Ningyōchō.
On a hot day, Kantaro can't wait to enjoy an icy delight. Unfortunately, he's not the only one...One of the two kakigori places in this episode is Kooriya Peace (氷屋ぴぃす) which is located in Kichijōji.
With a suspicious Dobashi breathing down his neck, Kantaro attempts to complete a mamekan triathlon.The three shops featured in this episode are Kanmidokoro Irie, Umemura and Sagamiya.
Kantaro reaches top sales despite his clandestine activity. He couldn't care less but ultra-competitive Takarabe has other plans.Kantaro has a peach parfait at Kajitsuen. Dobashi brings dorayaki from Seijuken to the office as a trap for Kantaro.
Kantaro will have to shake the rookie tagging along and grilling him for sales tips if he wants to taste the heavenly hotcakes he’s been eyeing. Dobashi suspects that Kantaro might be the author of the popular sweets blog, AmaBlo.Kantaro manages to have hotcakes at Coffee Tengoku.
|6||6||"Matcha Bavarian Cream"||TBA||TBA||TBA||106|
Kantaro is stalked by a manga artist who is looking for inspiration for his next, long-awaiting work. In order to satisfy his craving for a fusion dessert, Kantaro will have to mediate marital trouble between the artist and his Western wife. Meanwhile, Dobashi continues to try and catch Kantaro out.This episode features Kinozen.
|Dobashi goes on an errand with her boss who is acting odd. They end up enjoying a decadent savarin cake at a French cafe, Café Recherche.|
Kantaro accepts a babysitting gig for his boss so he can gorge on a traditional sweet. He has to sweet talk the sour kid with a box of surprising ohagi.Kantaro gets his ohagi in this episode from Takeno to Ohagi.
Kantaro is trying to enjoy a special treat but with the surprise visit of his sweets-hating, dentist mother, Kantaro will have to use all his wiles if he's going to get away with it.The éclairs are from Rue de Passy.
After being tempted away during his late night work obligations, Kantaro remains loyal to the voluptuous caramel pudding that first caught his eye.The Italian-style restaurant that serves the caramel pudding is Esse Due.
Kantaro teaches his foil, Takarabe the importance of self-indulgence by taking him on an enlightening chocolate-filled experience.Minimal is the chocolate shop featured in this episode.
Kantaro is started to lose his composure due to overwork. Will he get to enjoy any seasonal treats this autumn?The chestnut-themed shop is Waguriya.
- "Why "Kantaro: The Sweet Tooth Salaryman" Is Our Latest Netflix Binge". Food & Wine. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "'Kantaro: The Sweet Tooth Salaryman' on Netflix Is The 'Hannibal' Of Cooking Shows (Sans The Grisly Murders)". Decider. 2017-12-22. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "Secret Sweet Tooth Strikes in "Saboriman Ametani Kantarou" TV Drama". Crunchyroll. Retrieved 2018-02-14.
- Kantaro: The Sweet Tooth Salaryman, Matsuya Onoe, Ren Ishikawa, Sarutoki Minagawa, retrieved 2018-01-30