Kanthapuram A.P. Aboobacker Musliyar
|Sheikh Aboobacker Ahmed
(شيخ ابوبكر أحمد)
|Chancellor of the Markaz|
|Secretary-General of the All India Sunni Jamiyyathul Ulama|
22 March 1939 |
Kanthapuram, Kozhikode District, Kerala, India.
|Father||Mouthariyil Ahmed Haji|
|Residence||Kanthapuram near Poonoor Kozhikode District|
|Education||Baqiyat Salihat Arabic College|
|Occupation||Chancellor of Markaz|
|Known for||Islamic Scholar, Educational and Humanitarian activist|
|Part of a series on|
|Islam in India|
Sheikh Aboobacker Ahmed (Arabic: الأستاذ الشيخ ابوبكر أحمد) also known as Kanthapuram A.P Aboobacker Musliyar(Malayalam: കാന്തപുരം എ.പി. അബൂബക്കർ മുസ്ലിയാർ Kāntapuraṃ Ě.pi. Abūbakkar Musliyār) in Kerala, He is a prominent leader of Sunni Muslims in India, . Sheikh Aboobacker Ahmed is the General Secretary of the All India Muslim Scholars Association (All India Sunni Jamiyyathul Ulama), Founder and Chancellor of the Markazu Ssaquafathi Ssunniyya located in Karanthur, Kozhikode, Kerala. He is also chief patron of the Sunni Youth Society (SYS) and General Secretary of the Samastha Kerala Sunni Jamiyyathul Ulama (S.K.S.J.U).
In November 2015, he commented on gender equality saying Gender equality is something which is never going to be a reality. It is against Islam, humanity and was intellectually wrong. and said “The obstinacy that boys and girls should study sitting on the same bench is an indirect attack aimed at destroying Islam and its culture. Gender equality is not Islamic, wise or humane.” “My speech referred to was to giving special support and care for women in a situation where they were kept apart from social sphere. This special care and support needed to be extended to women in public and professional life, and has been reiterated many a time by the judiciary. We live and abide by the Constitution of India which provides equal justice to all irrespective of caste, creed or sex.” Over the years Sheikh Aboobacker has expressed conservative views on women's liberties.
As a writer in Arabic, English, Urdu, Tamil and Malayalam in the leading journals, Sheikh Aboobacker has authored many scholarly books. He is well conversant in Arabic, English, Urdu, Tamil and Malayalam.
- Ismathul Anbiya (عصمة الأنبياء)
- Assiyasathul Islamiyya (السياسة الإسلامية)
- Al Vahdathul Islamiyya (الوحدة الإسلامية)
- Al Ithibau wal Ibthidau (الاتباع والابتداع)
- Riyadhu Thalibeen (رياض الطالبين)
- Idharul Farah Wassuroor bi Meeladi Nnabiyyil Mabroor (اظهار الفرح والسرور بميلاد النبي المبرور)
- Almoulidu Rraviyy (المولد الروي)
- Tha'adeemul Akabir wahthiramu Sha'air (تعظيم الأكابر واحترام الشعائر)
- Faidanul Muslsalath Fee Bayanil Ijazah Al Muthadavilah (فيضان المسلسلات في بيان الاجازة المتداولة)
- Tariqathu thasawwuf (طريقة التصوف)
- Al Barahin ul Qat’iyyah fir Raddi Alal Qadiyaniyyah (البراهين القطعة في الرد على القاديانية)
- Adillathu Salatit Tarawih (أدلة صلاة التراويح)
- Eesal ut Tawab Li Inqaz il Mayyiti Min al Eqab (ايصال الثواب لإنقاذ الميت من العقاب)
- Thoughts of the Muslim World
- An Introduction to the Study of Islam
- The Hajj
- The American Diary
- The Holy Prophets
- Congregational Prayer in Islam
- Women and the Friday Prayer
- Thareeqat - a Study
Awards and honors
- Islamic Heritage Award for his service to protect Islamic culture and heritage by Jeddah (KSA) based Islamic heritage. in January 2009.
- Sunni Students' Federation
- Markazu Ssaqafathi Ssunniyya
- Shahre Mubarak Grand Masjid
- Knowledge City
- Ishaath Public School
- Markaz Arts and Science College
- Markaz Law College
- Dubai Markaz
- "The 500 Most Influential Muslims : 2011" (PDF). Gwu.edu. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- "HRD panel to oversee RTE rollout". The Times Of India. 26 June 2010.
- Updated Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:27 AM IST (2013-11-13). "Home | Muslim |". Manorama Online. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- "Ruthless activities of IS 'against Islamic principles'". arabnews.com.
- Staff Reporter. "Kanthapuram calls IS enemy of Islam". The Hindu.
- "Sunni Cleric Says Women Are Only Fit To Deliver Children, Calls Gender Equality Un-Islamic". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2016-05-26.
- "Women only fit to deliver children: Indian Muslim leader". The Express Tribune. 2015-11-29. Retrieved 2016-05-22.
- "Kerala Muslim leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’". Hindustan Times. 2015-11-29. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- "Calls for Gender Equality, an Indirect Attack on Islam: Kanthapuram". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2016-05-26.
- "My statement has been deliberately distorted, says Kanthapuram". The Hindu. 2015-12-01. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-05-26.
- "Education doesn't mean women should have more freedoms: Kerala Muslim leader".
- Jose, Sachin. "Kerala Sunni leader Kanthapuram says gender equality is anti-Islamic, stirs row". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 2016-12-08.
- "Award for Kanthapuram". The Hindu.
E.K Aboobacker Musliyar
|Chancellor of the Markazu Ssaqafathi Ssunniyya