|Died||20 December 1981
Kanu Roy was an Indian film actor, and music composer in Hindi and Bengali films. He was the brother of noted Bollywood playback singer Geeta Dutt. He gave music for most of Basu Bhattacharya’s films.
His most famous compositions are for Geeta Dutt, like Aaj ki Kaalighata, Uski Kahani (1966), Lyrics: Kaifi Azmi, and songs of Geeta Dutt’s last film as a singer, Anubhav (1971) – 'Koi Chupke Se Aake', 'Mera Dil jo mera Hota' and 'Meri Jaan Mujhe Jaan Na Kaho'. He also gave two hits to Manna Dey in Anubhav - 'Phir Koi Phool Khila' and Avishkaar - 'Hansne Ki Chaah Ne Kitna Mujhe Rulaya Hai'. The Jagjit and Chitra Singh rendition of Babul Mora Naihar Chhooto Jaye in Avishkaar (1973) is also fairly well known. His other films were not so successful however.
- Kismet (1943) – Actor
- Mahal (1949) – Actor
- Jagriti (1954) – Actor
- Munimji (1955) – Actor
- Ham Sab Chor Hain (1956) – Actor
- Tumsa Nahin Dekha (1957) - Actor
- Bandini (1963) - Actor
- Uski Kahani (1966) - Music
- Anubhav (1971) - Music
- Avishkaar (1973) - Music
- Tumhara Kalloo (1975) - Music
- Griha Pravesh (1979) – Music
- Sparsh (1980) - Music
- Shyamla (1980s)- Music
- Kissi Se Na Kehna (1983) - Actor
- "All Time Greats: Geeta Dutt: Too short a lifespan for a nightingale". The Daily Star. June 30, 2005.