12 July 1981|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Also known as||Humble The Poet|
|Total views||14 million|
Kanwer Singh aka Humble The Poet (born: July 12, 1981) is a Sikh Canadian YouTube personality, author, rapper and spoken-word artist. He is the author of 2 books viz. ‘Unlearn: 101 Simple Truths For A Better Life’ and ‘Unlearn - Beneath the Surface: 101 Honest Truths To Take Life Deeper.
Kanwer Singh was born and raised in Toronto, Ontario. In the year 2010, he left his job as a teacher and became Humble The Poet to embrace poetry and spoken word full-time. He soon became a YouTube phenomenon.
Kanwer began releasing his recorded tracks on YouTube independently in 2008. He has toured internationally to promote his works. Besides, Kanwer collaborated with another YouTube phenomenon, Lilly Singh (aka Superwoman) and produced 2 music videos titled #LEH and #IVIVI respectively. Humble The Poet won 2017 Canada Reads book contest championing the book Fifteen Dogs written by Andre Alexis.
- Shah, Manali. "Humble the Poet on using rap to make a statement". hindustantimes.com. Hindustan Times. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "Books by Humble the Poet". CBC Books. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "I wanted to create work that would stand the test of time, says Humble the Poet". Indian Express. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "A Conversation With YouTube Stars Humble the Poet and Superwoman #Leh". Huffington Post. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "Superwoman And Humble The Poet Show Toronto Pride In #IVIVI Music Video". Huffington Post. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "Humble The Poet, championing Fifteen Dogs, wins Canada Reads 2017". CBC. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Kanwer Singh|