|District||Kampala Capital City Authority|
|Elevation||1,200 m (3,900 ft)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Kanyanya is bordered by Wakiso District to the north, Mpererwe to the east, Kaleerwe to the south, and Kawempe to the west. This is approximately 8 kilometres (5.0 mi), by road, north of Kampala's central business district. The coordinates of Kanyanya are 0°22'25.0"N, 32°34'38.0"E (Latitude:0.373620; Longitude:32.577223).
Kanyanya is predominantly a middle-class residential area. Small business establishments, such as petrol stations, restaurants and bars, appear at major intersections and along Kampala–Gayaza Road.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within or near Kanyanya:
- Kanyanya Police Station - An establishment of the Uganda National Police
- Kampala Quality Primary School - A private, mixed, boarding elementary school
- Tonnet Agro Engineering Company Limited - A company that manufactures agro-processing machinery
- GFC (25 April 2016). "Distance between Kampala Road, Kampala, Central Region, Uganda and Kanyanya, Kampala, Central Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- Google (25 April 2016). "Location of Kanyanya" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- Newvision, Archive (31 October 2008). "Plush Bungalow for Abbey Mukiibi". New Vision. Retrieved 15 June 2014.
- Kajoba, Nicholas (24 July 2009). "Kampala Quality Primary Turns 10 Years". New Vision. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- Kasozi, John (7 September 2010). "Improving Quality: A Machine That Sorts, Grades Grain". New Vision. Retrieved 16 June 2014.