Kaohsiung Exhibition Center
|Kaohsiung Exhibition Center|
|Location||Qianzhen, Kaohsiung, Taiwan|
|Opening||14 April 2014|
|Management||Kaohsiung Exhibition Center Corporation|
|Floor area||25,000 square metres (270,000 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
Designed by Australian architect, Philip Cox, the KEC was initiated in 2006 and built by the Ministry of Economic Affairs in which has invested NT$ 3 billion to the venue. After seven years of planning and two years of construction, the grand opening of the center was held on 14 April 2014.
The Kaohsiung Exhibition Center Corporation manages the daily operation and maintenance of the center for the next 12.5 years. The company invested NT$ 250 million to upgrade the center and expects to generate return on investment of up to NT$ 3.4 billion by the end of 2026.
- "Cox wins Taiwanese project". Architecture & Design. 27 August 2010. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Premier: Kaohsiung Exhibition Center to bolster economic growth(行政院全球資訊網-Press Releases)". Ey.gov.tw. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
- "Kaohsiung Exhibition Center". Kecc.com.tw. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
- "Greeting - Kaohsiung Exhibition Center". Kecc.com.tw. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
- "Kaohsiung expo center set to open in April next year". Taipei Times. 2014-04-19. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
- "How to Get Here - Kaohsiung Exhibition Center". Kecc.com.tw. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kaohsiung Exhibition Center.|
|This article about a Taiwanese building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|