Kaolinovo Municipality within Bulgaria and Shumen Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Kaolinovo|
|• Total||293.53 km2 (113.33 sq mi)|
|Population (December 2009)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Kaolinovo Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Каолиново) is a municipality (obshtina) in Shumen Province, Northeastern Bulgaria, located in the Ludogorie geographical region, part of the Danubian Plain. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Kaolinovo.
The municipality embraces a territory of 293 km² with a population of 12,251 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
Kaolinovo Municipality includes the following 16 places (towns are shown in bold):
|Lisi Vrah||Лиси връх||69|
|Sini Vir||Сини вир||604|
|Todor Ikonomovo||Тодор Икономово||2,027|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
According to the 2011 census, among those who answered the optional question on ethnic identification, the ethnic composition of the municipality was the following:
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009 Archived 2010-11-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009 Archived 2010-11-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- Population by province, municipality, settlement and age by 01.02.2011; Bulgarian National Statistical Institute Archived 2013-09-08 at the Wayback Machine.
- Population of Bulgarian divisions
- Population by province, municipality, settlement and ethnic identification, by 01.02.2011; Bulgarian National Statistical Institute Archived 2013-04-05 at WebCite (in Bulgarian)
- Official website (in Bulgarian)