Kapalong, Davao del Norte
Map of Davao del Norte with Kapalong highlighted
|Region||Davao (Region XI)|
|Province||Davao del Norte|
|District||1st district of Davao del Norte|
|Established||July 8, 1948|
|• Mayor||Edgardo Timbol|
|• Total||830.01 km2 (320.47 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||92/km2 (240/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)84|
|Income class||1st municipal income class|
|Electorate||39,565 voters as of 2016|
The town was founded in July 8, 1948, from the Municipal District of Tagum, which was formed in 1918. It was one of the oldest towns in Davao del Norte Province, others being Tagum, in 1941; and Panabo, in 1949, both of which were converted into cities almost 50 years later. Though the towns of Santo Tomas, Talaingod and portion of San Isidro emerged from Kapalong in 1959, 1991, and 2004 respectively, it is still the largest town by land area in the province of Davao del Norte.
Kapalong is politically subdivided into 14 barangays.
- Maniki (Poblacion)
|Population census of Kapalong|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Province: Davao del Norte". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region XI (Davao Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region XI (Davao Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region XI (Davao Region)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Davao del Norte". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||Loreto, Agusan del Sur|
|San Fernando, Bukidnon
|Laak, Compostela Valley