|• Mayor||Dirk Van Mechelen (open VLD)|
|• Governing party/ies||open VLD, N-VA|
|• Total||37.11 km2 (14.33 sq mi)|
|• Density||720/km2 (1,900/sq mi)|
Kapellen (Dutch pronunciation: [kɑˈpɛlə(n)], old spelling: Cappellen) is a municipality located in the Belgian province of Antwerp. The municipality consists only of the town of Kapellen proper. On January 1, 2006 Kapellen had a total population of 25,948. The total area is 37.11 km² which gives a population density of 699 inhabitants per km².
A number of neighbourhoods in Kapellen have a residential character and are characterized by their villaparcs, exclusive landhouses and beautiful castles. Many who flee the always busy town enjoy Kapellen's peaceful nature.
- Christine Soetewey, retired Belgian high jumper
- Sarah Bettens and Gert Bettens, musicians, K's Choice
- Geert Grub (1896-1980), poet, writer and Flemish activist
- Margaretha Guidone, activist for the environment and against global warming
- Didier Ilunga Mbenga, NBA basketball player
- Baron Paul Kronacker (1897-1994), politician
- Tom De Mul, football player currently playing for Sevilla FC
- Kevin Van Dessel, football player currently playing for Roda JC
- Dirk Van Mechelen, politician, Flemish minister
- Thomas Vermaelen, football player currently playing for FC Barcelona
- Gordan Vidovic, former football player
- Rocco Granata, singer
- "Wettelijke Bevolking per gemeente op 1 januari 2018". Statbel. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
|This Antwerp location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|