Kappa Omicron Nu
Kappa Omicron Nu (ΚΟΝ) is a college honor society, based in the United States, for students in human sciences. Kappa Omicron Nu chapters are located at colleges and universities that offer a strong human sciences program.
Undergraduate members are required to:
- Have declared a major in family and consumer sciences or one of the specializations in the human sciences
- Have completed 45 semester hours or equivalent
- Rank in the top 25% of their class in the unit
Membership is available to professionals and majors in any of the following or related specialty areas, including: consumer resource management, design, exercise science, family and consumer sciences education, financial planning, food science and human nutrition, health sciences, human environment and housing, individual and family development, institution/hotel/restaurant management, interior design, kinesiology, leadership, marital and family therapy, merchandising management, textiles/apparel and clothing.
Kappa Omicron Nu was established on February 21, 1990 through consolidation of Omicron Nu and Kappa Omicron Phi. Omicron Nu was founded at Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) on April 23, 1912 and Kappa Omicron Phi was founded at Northwest Missouri State College (now Northwest Missouri State University) on December 11, 1922.
- "Eligibility: Collegiate/Professional - Kappa Omicron Nu Honor Society". Kon.org. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "The Misson of Kappa Omicron Nu Honor Society". Kon.org. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- ACHS Member Directory 2010/2011
- Dialogue Volume 21 Issue 1
- "University of Texas Austin - Cactus Yearbook (Austin, TX), Class of 1931, Page 247". E-yearbook.com. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "Northwest Missouri State University - Tower Yearbook (Maryville, MO), Class of 1956, Page 102". E-yearbook.com. Retrieved 2012-02-23.