|Discipline||Women's studies, Music|
Kapralova Society Newsletter
Kapralova Society (Canada)
|ISO 4||Kapralova Soc. J.|
Kapralova Society Journal is an open-access, scholarly journal dedicated to promoting women in music. It has been published since 2003 by the Kapralova Society, a non-profit publisher and music society based in Toronto, Canada, whose mission is "to promote the music of Czech composer Vítězslava Kaprálová (1915–1940) and to build awareness of women's contributions to musical life." The journal is published twice a year, in winter and summer (formerly in spring and fall) and features analytical essays, articles on women composers, scores, women's music festival reports, CD and book reviews, interviews with women musicians, and announcements of international projects, symposia, and conferences on the subject of women in music, diversity in music, and institutional advocacy.
In 2021, a selection of the journal articles was published in The Women in Music Anthology.
- Edgar, Jessica (2022). "Alone, Together: the Dis/embodied Soprano Voice in Oxbridge Chapel Choirs" (PDF). Kapralova Society Journal. 20 (2): 13–15.
- Ege, Samantha (2018). "Florence Price and the Politics of her Existence" (PDF). Kapralova Society Journal. 16 (1): 1–10.
- Gates, Eugene (2006). "The Woman Composer Question: Philosophical and Historical Perspectives" (PDF). Kapralova Society Journal. 4 (2): 1–11.
- Sémerjian, Ludwig (2019). "Clara Schumann: New Cadenzas for Mozart's Piano Concerto in D Minor. Romantic Visions of a Classical Masterpiece" (PDF). Kapralova Society Journal. 17 (2): 1–9.
- Reynolds, Les (31 July 2015). "Kapralova Society Journal". Blog. Archived from the original on 2015-09-12. Retrieved 19 February 2020 – via ProQuest.
- "The Kapralova Society Journal: A Journal of Women in Music". Open Music Library. Retrieved 19 February 2020.
- Vick, Liza (September 2011). "New Periodicals: Electronica". Notes. 68 (1): 142. doi:10.1353/not.2011.0109. JSTOR 23012882. S2CID 201746433.
- "About us: Mission". The Kapralova Society. Retrieved 19 February 2020.
- "Advocates". Institute for Composer Diversity, State University of New York at Fredonia. Retrieved 19 February 2020.
- Gates, Eugene and Karla Hartl, eds. The Women in Music Anthology. Toronto: The Kapralova Society, 2021. ISBN 978-1-7777795-0-4 (e-book) / ISBN 978-0-9940425-9-0 (softcover). Download free from kapralova.org/ANTHOLOGY.htm