This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (November 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Georg Kapsch (CEO) |
Kari Kapsch (COO)
Franz Semmernegg (CFO)
|Products||Tolling Systems, IT-Data Networks, IT-System-Integrations|
|Revenue||908.8 Million. EUR (FY 2014/15) |
Number of employees
|5,734 (FY 2014/15) |
The Kapsch Group, headquartered in Vienna, Austria, is an international Road Telematics, Information Technology and Telecommunications Company. The corporate group, with more than 5,000 employees worldwide generated total revenue of € 908.8 million as of March 2015.
This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (October 2016)
In September 1892, Johann Kapsch (1845–1921) founded a precision engineering workshop in Vienna, with the state-owned and operated Post- und Telegraphenverwaltung (Mailing- and Telegraph-Administration) among its first clients. In 1916, the company changed its name to Telefon- und Telegrafen-Fabriks-Aktiengesellschaft Kapsch & Söhne in Wien ("Telephone and Telegraph Manufacturing Stock Company Kapsch & Sons in Vienna"). During World War I, the company produced night sights for the Austrian Model 1895 rifle and carbine. With the growing number of inventions, Kapsch expanded its product range by adding the manufacturing of capacitors, tin tubes and dry batteries. In 1923, Kapsch started to manufacture radios, with the first TV sets following in 1955. After the Second World War, Kapsch was heavily involved in rebuilding the Austrian telephone network.
- From 1978: Focus on digital communications systems—own printed circuit board production.
- 1984: Entry into mobile telephones—Kapsch produces C-network mobile telephones.
- 1985: Kapsch is involved in the introduction of the digital telephone infrastructure in Austria and Hungary. First time deployment of Kapsch's Train Telephone at the Austrian Federal Railway (ÖBB).
- 1989 - 1999: Founding of the company's international subsidiaries and representations in Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine, Russia, Slovenia and Croatia.
- 1989: Involvement in the development and introduction of ISDN and GSM technologies.
- 1994: Europe's trains are equipped with Train Radio Systems from Kapsch.
- 1995: Implementation of Austria's EcoPoint System.
- 2000: Acquisition of traffic control technology from Bosch and Saab. Subsidiaries and interests are founded in Asia, Australia, South America and South Africa.
- 2001: Acquisition of Schrack BusinessCom.
- 2002: The Kapsch Group is organized into three business areas:
- Kapsch BusinessCom AG, is a partner for the implementation of communications solutions for small, medium and large businesses.
- Kapsch CarrierCom AG, is a global system integrator and supplier of end-to-end telecommunications solutions for public and railway operators, urban transport organizations and companies seeking real-time asset management solutions.
- Kapsch TrafficCom AG, is a service supplier of traffic telematics systems and components for road and rail traffic.
- 2003: Kapsch TrafficCom AG, implements the electronic toll collection system based on microwave technology in Austria.
- 2004: Start of commercial operation of Austria's nationwide truck tolling system. New representative offices in China and a branch office in Croatia are founded.
- 2005: Foundation of the Kapsch Telematic Services GmbH with branch offices in Czech Republic and Hungary.
- 2006: Kapsch TrafficCom AG implements a toll system in Czech Republic.
- 2009: Kapsch TrafficCom AG has been awarded the implementation of the Gauteng tolling project in South Africa.
- 2013: Kapsch TrafficCom AG implements a toll system in Republic of Belarus.
- 2014: Kapsch TrafficCom acquires Advanced Traffic Management Software (ATMS) provider Transdyn. Kapsch now positioned to provide extended end-to-end traffic management solutions.
- 2014: Kapsch CarrierCom acquires Prodata Mobility Systems NV
- 2015: Kapsch CarrierCom acquires a controlling stake in Streetline, Inc., a provider of smart parking solutions based in California
- 2015: Kapsch CarrierCom acquires the transport business Schneider Electric Industries, advised by Conquest Advisory
- 2017: Kapsch CarrierCom acquires a controlling stake in Fluidtime Data Services GmbH an integrated mobility solutions provider 
Kapsch BusinessCom AG (KBC)
In 2001, Kapsch AG bought the majority of former Schrack BusinessCom AG, which was subsequently merged with the Kapsch Enterprise division. As a result of this merger Kapsch BusinessCom AG was founded and expanded its activities and outreach throughout Central Europe. Today, the company has subsidiaries in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Turkey and Poland.
The company is a regional reseller and integration partner to technology companies in the IT, network and telecommunications sector: Cisco Gold Certified Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner, Aastra Training Provider.
Kapsch BusinessCom AG produces the Card Reader and GINA Box for the Austrian e-Card system, which is placed in doctors’ offices.
Kapsch CarrierCom AG (KCC)
This article appears to contain a large number of buzzwords. (May 2018)
Kapsch CarrierCom AG is a global system integrator and supplier of end-to-end telecommunications solutions for public and railway operators, urban transport organizations and companies seeking real-time asset management solutions.
Kapsch TrafficCom AG (KTC)
Kapsch TrafficCom AG is an international supplier of "intelligent road traffic telematic solutions".[clarification needed] The company develops and sells products, systems and services primarily for electronic toll collection (ETC) systems and specializes in solutions for open road tolling (ORT), multi-lane free-flow (MLFF) and high occupancy tolling (HOT).
In addition, the company supplies traffic management systems, with a focus on road safety and traffic control, and electronic access systems and parking management.
The company, with headquarters in Vienna, has subsidiaries and interests in 23 countries. The company has performed 210 installations in 35 countries (as of March/2009) in Europe, Australia, North America, Latin America, Middle East, Asia Pacific and in South Africa, and about 13 million on-board units (OBUs) and over 11,300 equipped lanes.
Kapsch TrafficCom AG built the Austrian Truck Tolling System, which went on stream in 2004.
Since 2004 the company established subsidiaries in Moscow, Russia and Slovenia and has entered into a joint venture agreement with Busi Impianti S.p.A., Italy, creating Kapsch-Busi S.p.A.
Since June 26, 2007, 30.3% of Kapsch TrafficCom AG has been listed in the Prime Market on the Vienna Stock Exchange. Kapsch Group Beteiligungs GmbH retains possession of 69.7%. Overall 2.2 million new and 1.16 million old shares were brought to the market. The IPO was 14 times over-subscribed. In the fiscal year 2013/14, Kapsch TrafficCom AG generated a turnover of € 465.4 million and an EBIT of € 32.7 million.
- Kapsch Group annual report 2014/15 http://www.kapsch.net/KapschGroup/downloads/reports/Kapsch_Annual-report_2014-15
- * Offelli, Siro (2002). Gino Rossato, ed. Le Armi E Gli Equipaggiamenti Dell'esercito Austro-Ungarico dal 1914 al 1918 volume secundo (in Italian). p. 86.
- Master Thesis: Familiengeschichte der Firma Kapsch, Schöpf,S., 2008, Wien http://othes.univie.ac.at/675/1/05-27-2008_9207513.pdf
- Company History of the Kapsch Group http://www.kapsch.net/en/aboutus/factsandfigures/Pages/companyhistory.aspx
- Kapsch TrafficCom Sweden secures one of the world’s largest toll projects with Gauteng Open Road Tolling in South Africa http://www.kapsch.net/en/press/articles/Pages/ktc_090919_pr.aspx
- Conquest Advisory LLP Successfully Advises Kapsch TrafficCom AG on its Agreement to Acquire the Global Transport Business of Schneider Electrichttp://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/conquest-advisory-llp-successfully-advises-kapsch-trafficcom-ag-on-its-agreement-to-acquire-the-global-transport-business-of-schneider-electric-562610661.html
- Fluidtime and Kapsch TrafficCom join forceshttps://www.fluidtime.com/en/article/fluidtime-and-kapsch-trafficcom-join-forces
- Kapsch TrafficCom acquires 75 percent of Fluidtimehttps://www.kapsch.net/KapschGroup/press/ktc/ktc_170112_pr
- Press-Release: Results of General Meeting http://www.kapsch.net/en/ktc/press/articles/Pages/ktc_090624_pr.aspx
- Prime Market of the Vienna Stock Exchange http://en.wienerborse.at/marketplace_products/segmentation/equitymarket/teilnehmer.html