Kaputol ng Isang Awit
|Kaputol ng Isang Awit|
|Also known as||Unsung Melody|
|Genre||Drama, Romance, Musical, Teledrama|
|Created by||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Developed by||Des Garbes-Severino|
|Written by||Anna Aleta Nadela
|Directed by||Mike Tuviera|
|Starring||Glaiza de Castro
|Theme music composer||Ogie Alcasid|
|Opening theme||Sung by Glaiza de Castro and Lovi Poe|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||73|
|Executive producer(s)||Wilma Galvante|
|Running time||25-35 minutes|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original release||March 3– June 13, 2008|
Kaputol ng Isang Awit or Unsung Melody (international title) is a Philippine drama airing on GMA Network, as the seventh installment of Sine Novela. The original movie was released back in 1991. The series will air weekly on Honolulu's KIKU on Sundays at 3:00 pm. It aired from March 3, 2008 to June 13, 2008.
Find out how music, fame and dreams interconnect the love and lives of the four main characters. When Eric Valderama (Marky Cielo) discovers the potential of Sarah Monteza (Glaiza de Castro) as a solo performer, will he also discover a new love in her? Seeing Sarah as a threat to her love and career, what schemes will Joanna Ambrosio (Lovi Poe) use to destroy her competition? Meanwhile, when Marco Salcedo (Jolo Revilla) realizes that the woman he loves is in love with someone else, will he give in and accept defeat? Or will he connive to get what he wants? And what fate does the mysterious—and unfinished—music sheet keep secret for the four main characters?
- Glaiza de Castro as Sarah Monteza-Rivera
- Lovi Poe as Joanna Ambrosio aka Joanna Rivera
- Marky Cielo† as Eric Valderama
- Jolo Revilla as Marco Salcedo
- Supporting Cast
- Snooky Serna as Vina Monteza-Rivera
- Tirso Cruz III as Arsenio Rivera / Kidlat
- Gary Estrada as Julio Ambrosio
- Isabel Granada as Elena Valderama
- Leo Martinez as Lolo Ige Monteza
- Tuesday Vargas as Mimay Sison
- Jade Lopez as Daniella
- Jennylyn Mercado  as Charmaine Ambrosio
- Rita Iringan as Young Sarah
- Bea Binene as Young Mimay
- Krystal Reyes as Young Joanna
- Tony Mabesa as Tatang Pastor
- Directed by: Mike Tuviera
- Writers: Anna Aleta Nadela, Tina Velasco and Gilda Olvidado
- Head Writer: Des Garbes-Severino
- Creative Consultant: Roy C. Iglesias
- Executive-in-charge of Production: Wilma Galvante
- The role of Sarah Montesa was originally given to Jolina Magdangal. She turned it down because she will be one of the judges of Pinoy Idol; the role went to Glaiza de Castro.
- The original character Johnny Abrigo played by Gary Valenciano (as Sharon Cuneta's brother) was replaced by a female version in the character of Joanna Ambrosio, which is to be played by Lovi Poe.
- Tirso Cruz III won the Best Actor trophy for Afternoon Drama for reliving the role originally portrayed by Eddie Mesa.
- This was Marky Cielo's (1988–2008) first and last Sine Novela show.
- Sine Novela presents Kaputol Ng Isang Awit won as Best Daytime Drama Series in the 22nd PMPC Star Awards for TV.
- Lovi Poe & Tirso Cruz III was nominated for "Best Drama Actress & Actor" in the 22nd PMPC Star Awards for TV.
The film was an original 1949 movie with the same title, "Kaputol ng Isang Awit" produced by Sampaguita Pictures starring Eddie Del Mar. In 1991, VIVA Films released a remake of the film, under the direction of Emmanuel H. Borlaza, and top-billed by Sharon Cuneta, Gary Valenciano, and Tonton Gutierrez.
Sarah has everything ordinary women could only wish for- beauty, wealth, fame. She's the country's most popular performer, everyone admires and even envies her, she deserves it, because she's been through a lot for it. Yet, in spite of all she has, Sarah is not happy. There remains a dark void in her life as she continues to look and yearn for that one person who all her life has been missing- her father. Yet there is hope in her search, an unfinished song that will be given to her. A song that will uncover the many lies and secrets connected to her, her father and the brother taken away from her.
- Sharon Cuneta as Sarah Montesa
- Gary Valenciano as Johnny Abrigo aka Johnny Rivera
- Tonton Gutierrez as Erick Valderama
- Extended cast
- Eddie Mesa as Arsenio Rivera
- Marita Zobel as Vina Montesa
- Barbara Perez as Elena Vicencio
- Amy Perez as Margaux Vicencio
- Luz Valdez as Dulce Abrigo
- Romeo Rivera as Julio Abrigo
- Cherry Pie Picache as Gilda Abrigo
- Ruben Rustia as Lolo Ige
- Ruby Rodriguez as Mimay
- Dennis Padilla as Nonong
- Directed by: Emmanuel H. Borlaza
- Executive Producer: Vic del Rosario, Jr.
- Executive-in-charge of Production: VIVA Films
- Glaiza de Castro being groomed as GMA7s next Drama Princess
- Lovi Poe on Jolo Revilla: Sa maniwala't hindi ang mga tao, friends lang kami
- Snooky Serna pursues annulment case, claiming she was a battered wife
- Tirso, pasok sa 'Kaputol ng Isang Awit'!
- Jennylyn, kasama sa "Kaputol ng Isang Awit!"
- Jolina Magdangal picks "Pinoy Idol" over "Kaputol ng Isang Awit"
- Kaputol ng Isang Awit @ KabayanCentral.com
- Kaputol ng Isang Awit (full credits)
- Kaputol ng Isang Awit at Telebisyon.net