Kara Lynn Lindsay
Kara Lynn Lindsay
February 16, 1985
Rochester, New York, U.S.
|Education||Carnegie Mellon University (BFA)|
Kara Lynn Massey (born February 16, 1985), known professionally as Kara Lindsay, is an American stage actress and singer, best known for her roles as Katherine Plumber in Newsies (2012) and Glinda in Wicked (2014, 2016, 2018, 2019).
Kara Lynn Lindsay was born in Rochester, New York, and attended Greece Athena High School, studying under acclaimed director and teacher Judith Ranaletta, before studying at Carnegie Mellon University, where she received a BFA in acting/musical theatre.
In 2009, Lindsay appeared as Laura in a musical theatre production at the Paper Mill Playhouse of Little House on the Prairie with Melissa Gilbert, who played Laura in the original television series, as "Ma". Lindsay originated the role of Katherine Plumber in Newsies, a Disney musical written for the stage by Harvey Fierstein, in 2011. The character is the fictional love interest of protagonist Jack Kelly, but Lindsay said she drew inspiration for her portrayal from the real-life investigative journalist, Nellie Bly. She continued her role when Newsies moved to Broadway and played her final performance on February 2, 2014.
From April 2 to November 23, 2014, Lindsay played the role of Glinda in the second national tour of Wicked, where she starred opposite Laurel Harris as Elphaba. She then reprised the role of Glinda on Broadway on December 16, 2014, until January 31, 2016, when she was replaced by Carrie St. Louis, who had previously replaced her on tour as Glinda. On November 1, 2016, Lindsay returned to the role of Glinda on Broadway, replacing Carrie St. Louis. She returned to the 2nd national tour of Wicked in 2018, and exited the company, alongside Jackie Burns, on February 24, 2019, in Salt Lake City.
In 2008, Lindsay and Kevin Massey met at the final callbacks for Little House on the Prairie. They began dating around 2009, when the show went on tour, and became engaged after the tour had ended. Lindsay married Massey on June 2, 2013. Together they have a son, Emerson Charles Massey, who was born on November 12, 2019. Lindsay and Massey appear annually at the Disney Epcot International Festival of Arts in Orlando, Florida.
|2017||Disney's Newsies the Broadway Musical||Katherine Plumber|
|2011||Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade||Katherine Plumber|
|2012||Submissions Only||Composition Callbacks Group 2||Episode: "The Growing Interconnectedness"|
|2013||Working in the Theatre||Herself||Episode: "The Anatomy of a Song"|
|2018||Murphy Brown||Callie||Episode: "Results May Vary"|
|2009||Little House on the Prairie||Laura Ingalls||Paper Mill Playhouse|
|2012–2014||Newsies||Katherine Plumber||Nederlander Theatre|
|2014||Wicked||Glinda||2nd North American Tour|
|2016||Mary Poppins||Mary Poppins||North Carolina Theatre|
|2016||Newsies: Live On Stage||Katherine Plumber|
|2017, 2018||Beautiful: The Carole King Musical||Cynthia Weil||Stephen Sondheim Theatre|
|2018||Singin' In The Rain||Kathy Selden||Sacramento Music Circus|
|2018–2019||Wicked||Glinda||2nd North American Tour|
|2019||Beautiful: The Carole King Musical||Cynthia Weil||Stephen Sondheim Theatre|
- ^ a b Blank, Matthew (February 24, 2015). "CUE & A: Wicked Star Kara Lindsay on Her Pop Culture Obsessions, Burping Skills and High-Note Mishaps". Playbill. Retrieved January 9, 2021.
- ^ "Kara's Space - Resume". Karalindsay.com. Archived from the original on 2016-05-22. Retrieved 2016-01-10.
- ^ a b Gans, Andrew (September 30, 2011). "DIVA TALK: Chatting With Newsies Star Kara Lindsay". Playbill. Retrieved January 9, 2021.
- ^ Kara Lindsay, Melissa Gilbert star in Little House on the Prairie at the Paper Mill Playhouse Archived 2015-10-06 at the Wayback Machine, newjerseynewsroom.com; accessed January 10, 2016.
- ^ Gans, Andrew (February 26, 2014). "Laurel Harris, Kara Lindsay and Gene Weygandt Will Join Cast of Wicked Tour". Playbill. Retrieved May 28, 2022.
- ^ McPhee, Ryan (2014-11-20). "Caroline Bowman & Kara Lindsay Are the Next Witches of Wicked; New Cast Members Announced". Broadway.com. Retrieved 2016-01-10.
- ^ Walters, Seth (August 6, 2013). "Broadway First Dates: Kara Lindsay and Kevin Massey". TheaterMania. Retrieved January 9, 2021.
- ^ Spaner, Whitney (January 2, 2016). "How Wicked's Kara Lindsay Got The Part (And The Guy) At A Final Callback". Playbill. Retrieved January 9, 2021.
- ^ Lefkowitz, Andy (November 19, 2019). "Kara Lindsay & Kevin Massey Welcome Baby Boy Emerson Charles". Broadway.com. Retrieved January 9, 2021.
- karalindsay.com, Kara Lindsay's official website
- Profile, broadway.com; accessed January 10, 2016.