Young in 2009
|Born||San Francisco, California, U.S.|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Dress size||4 (US)
Kara Young is an American fashion model, actress, and entrepreneur. As a model she represented several cosmetics companies and appeared three times on the cover of Vogue, Playboy (Germany) and was an entertainment news correspondent for Fox News Channel, and co-founded a hair products company and salon. She is the wife of shipping magnate Peter Georgiopoulos, and a member of the Board of Directors for Action Against Hunger.
Young was born in San Francisco, California.
According to Young's company web site, between 1988 and 1998 she appeared in advertising campaigns for Revlon, L'Oreal, Clairol, Maybelline, as well as Victoria's Secret and was photographed by Richard Avedon for Revlon's "Most unforgettable Women" campaign. Young was an "a-list model" and was "profiled" in the 1990 article "The New Top Models". She was a "cover girl" for Vogue in both 1988 and 1989, but is known best for her modeling with Victoria's Secret. She appeared on the covers of Vogue, Elle and Glamour magazine during the early 1990s. She later became an entertainment news correspondent for Fox News Channel. Young retired from modeling and became the co-founder of Hair Rules, a hair care product line and NYC salon.
In 2005, she married billionaire Peter Georgiopoulos, the founder of the General Maritime Corporation. Young lives in New York City with Georgiopoulos and her two children, Nick and Dino. She is an executive member of the Board of Directors for Action Against Hunger.
- Kara Young Fashion Model Directory, retrieved March 18, 2012
- "About Us: Kara Young". Hair Rules company web site. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- Norment, Lynn (September 1990) Ebony, "Black is In" page 28
- White, Constance C.R. (Sept 2008) Ebony, "Black Out", page 98
- (January 16, 1989) New York magazine, page 11
- Darlene Clark Hine, Elsa Barkley Brown, Rosalyn Terborg-Penn (1993) Black Women in America, page 409
- "Kara Young". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2009-03-12.
- Wright, Robert (June 11, 2008) Former Banker Brings Ruthless Approach Financial Times
- Celebrity Gossip New York Post via My Way UK, retrieved March 18, 2012
- Leadership Acton Against Hunger, retrieved March 18, 2012