Karachi Se Lahore
|Karachi Se Lahore|
Theatrical release poster
|Urdu||کراچی سے لاہور|
|Directed by||Wajahat Rauf|
|Produced by||Wajahat Rauf|
|Written by||Yasir Hussain|
|Story by||Wajahat Rauf|
|Music by||Sur Darwaish|
|Edited by||Hasan Ali Khan|
|Distributed by||IMGC Global Entertainment|
|Box office||₨ 10.30 crore (US$1.0million) (Worldwide)|
Karachi Se Lahore is a 2015 Pakistani road-comedy adventure film directed and produced by Wajahat Rauf under production banner Showcase Productions. The film's story is written by Yasir Hussain Karachi Se Lahore features an ensemble cast, including Javed Sheikh, Mantaha Tareen Maqsood, Yasir Hussain, Ahmed Ali Akbar, Eshita Syed, Aashir Wajahat and Rasheed Naz, whereas lead roles are played by Shehzad Sheikh and Ayesha Omer. This is the first Pakistani road-trip film which covers the 36 hours journey from Karachi to Lahore in real time, where the characters face obstacles, overcome them and undergo personal growth.
The film was released by IMGC Global Entertainment in cinemas nationwide on July 31, 2015. In its opening weekend, it took in ₨2 crore (US$190,000) at the local box office and at the end of run, film reached the benchmark of ₨10 crore (US$950,000) and became a box-office success. It is first Pakistani film to be premiered in Hollywood.
The film was followed by a spin-off titled Lahore Se Aagey, which was released in 2016.
Zaheem, the protagonist has been mistreated his entire life by his parents, teachers, bosses and his girlfriend. But when he learns that his longtime girlfriend Ayesha is marrying her cousin in Lahore, he decides to stand up for himself for the first time in his life and go to Lahore to stop the wedding. He gets help from his friends Moti, Sam, his neighbor Mariyam and her little brother, Zeezo. They take Mariyam's dad's Jeep, which is a precious Jeep no one can take. Her dad is going to Islamabad, so he won't know about it. As they all go on the road trip, Zaheem gets closer with Mariyam. They stop to take a break and it turns out they went the wrong way. Zaheem slaps Moti and they argue about it. Later, they reconcile. Some Pashtun people kidnap Sam. Zeezo knows where they went so they go there. In order to take Sam back, Mariyam has to dance in front of everyone. Zaheem falls in love with Mariyam. They finally arrive in Lahore and at Ayesha's wedding. They see Mariyam's dad over there, so they stay away from him. Zaheem sees Ayesha. He goes to her and tells her how much he loves her. Mariyam sees this and runs away crying. Zaheem realizes he loves Mariyam, not Ayesha. He runs after Mariyam and they talk. Zaheem proposes to Mariyam with a Cornetto. She says yes and they celebrate. Mariyam's dad sees the Jeep and he drives it to Zaheem, Mariyam, Sam, Moti and Zeezo. They all see the Jeep and the dad. The film ends with them screaming "Papa".
- Shehzad Sheikh as Ayaz Vali Khan
- Ayesha Omer as Maryam
- Ahmed Ali Akbar as Sam
- Aashir Wajahat as Zeezo
- Yasir Hussain as Mutazalzal a.k.a. Moti
- Jawed Sheikh as Tiwana
- Eshita Syed as Ayesha (Aashi)
- Mantaha Tareen Maqsood as Khushi
- Rasheed Naz as Khan Sahib
- Muzna Ibrahim as a lady in the bank (special appearance)
- Wajahat Rauf as Sindhi Landlord (special appearance)
- Hashim Butt as Malik Sahib (Drunk Man)
- Noor ul Hassan as policeman
- Sumbul Ansari as Zaheem's mother (Special appearance)
First poster of film was revealed on January 13, 2015. The first look teaser of an item song featuring Ayesha Omer released on March 21. First look teaser trailer along with poster was revealed in a press conference held in Karachi. Theatrical poster featuring film sponsors with release date was revealed on April 30, 2015. Character poster featuring Yasir Hussain was revealed on June 30. More character posters were also revealed later in same month. On July 17 a video song titled Aja Re Aja was released on Vimeo. Digital marketing and PR for the film is being handled by SocialSell, the official digital partners for the film. The soundtrack of this movie was also released in India under the label of Sony Music (India).
Karachi se Lahore was released nationwide in over 60 screens on 31 July 2015. The film was premiered in Hollywood, Los Angeles on August 16. The world television premiere of film was shown on Urdu 1 on 25th Sep 2015 (Eid 1st Day). It will released in the USA on November 27, 2015.
Rafay Mahmood of The Express Tribune rated the film 2.5 out of 5 stars and given the verdict as "Karachi Se Lahore has hilarious moments that at times seem out of place. Watch the film to learn some new jokes, but opt out if you are looking for a good big screen experience."
In November 2015, director Wajahat Rauf announced that there will be a spin-off film of Karachi Se Lahore, scheduled to be released in 2016. He said: "This will be more of a romantic-comedy and will follow the adventures of a young couple. It is set right after the events of Karachi Se Lahore."
The film was titled Lahore Se Aagey, and starred Saba Qamar and Yasir Hussain in starring roles alongside Rubina Ashraf, Behroze Sabzwari and Atiqa Odho. It was released on November 11, 2016 to poor critical response.
- List of directorial debuts
- List of Pakistani films of 2015
- List of highest grossing Pakistani films
- Karachi Lahore (film series)
- "Karachi Se Lahore Lifetime Business Pakistan". Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- "I want to make writers become stars in Pakistan". The News. Omair Alavi. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- "I play an innocent girl in 'Karachi Se Lahore': Ayesha". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 26 April 2015.
- "Go local: Celebs support Karachi se Lahore in quirky video messages".
- "'Karachi Se Lahore' trailer hits the road". The Express Tribune. Sameen Hassan. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "A tale of two cities". DAWN.com. Retrieved 20 April 2015.
- "Local humour in 'Karachi se Lahore' will make it worth watching". DAWN.com. Yumna Rafi. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "'Karachi se Lahore' set to hit screens on July 31, 2015". DAWN.com. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- "Karachi Se Lahore set for July 31, 2015 release". The News. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "'Karachi se Lahore' to hit theatres on July 31". Business Recorder. Madiha Shakeel. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "Karachi se Lahore: Pakistani rom-com set for 2015 release". DAWN.com. Zoya Anwer. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- "Karachi Se Lahore Lifetime Business Pakistan". BOD. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Karachi Se Lahore has been invited to premiere in Hollywood". The Express Tribune. Hassan Choudary. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- "Ayesha Omar's Hot item song teaser: Karachi Se Lahore". The News Teller. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- "Ayesha Omar sets screen on fire in 'item song' teaser". The Express Tribune. Hassan Choudary. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- "Karachi se Lahore official trailer released". The News Teller. Retrieved 26 April 2015.
- "Karachi Se Lahore trailer promises laughter!". ARY News. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "KSL trailer launched". DAWN.com. Omair Alvi. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- "Out now: Karachi Se Lahore's song is a cheery ode to roadtrips". DAWN.com. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "SocialSell - Facebook". Retrieved 16 September 2016.
- "Instagram photo by Lahore Se Aagey-Official • Jul 23, 2015 at 12:30pm UTC". Retrieved 16 September 2016.
- "Karachi Se Lahore's smooth road to the box office".
- "Karachi Se Lahore crew takes over Hollywood". The Express Tribune. Hassan Choudary. 17 August 2015. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "'Karachi Se Lahore': a long but uneventful journey".
- "'Karachi Se Lahore' spin-off to hit cinemas in September 2016". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "'Lahore Se Aagey' doesn't go too far - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 2016-11-22. Retrieved 2018-06-01.