A road in karambakkudi
|Elevation||36 m (118 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Geography and Climate
Karambakkudi is located at  It has an average elevation of 36 metres (118 feet). The climate of Karambakkudi town is hot and dry. Temperatures range between a maximum of 37 °C and a minimum of 22 °C. April to June are the hottest months and December and January are coldest with temperatures rising towards the end of February. Rainfall occurs mostly during the north-east monsoon in the months of October to December though the town receives little rainfall, averaging 840 mm compared to the district average. The period from November to February in Karambakkudi is pleasant, with a climate full of warm days and cool nights..
Karambakkudi is well connected by road to Thanjavur, Pudukkottai, orathanadu, Pattukottai, Alangudi, Gandarvakottai, Tiruchirapalli, chennai, mannargudi, peravurani, erode, karaikkudi and Aranthangi. Frequent bus services are available for these places by both private and public carriers. Karambakkudi had a single bus terminus located at the heart of the town. The nearest railway station is at Thanjavur, about 40 km away. The nearest airport is Tiruchirapalli Airport, about 75 km away.
Three major religions (Hindu, Christianity and Islam) are practiced in Karambakkudi. And muslim is the major population.The major Churches, Temples and many Mosques are there.
- Jumma masqid, Karambakkudi
- TNTJ masjid, therkku puthu theru, karambakkudi
- AG Church (Assemblies Of God), Karambakkudi.(Refer Junior vikatan -15 March 2009 page no .18)
- TELC Church (Tamil Evangelical Lutheran church)
- Roman Catholic Church (Catholic Church in India)
- AJC Church (Ark of Jesus Christ), Karambakkudi
- Sri Muthukarupiah Temple,karambakkudi.
- Sri Thirumannather temple, Thirumanancheri
- Santhana anjaneyar temple (Refer 05 Nov 2011, Dhinakaran - Aanmeegha malar page no. 15, for temple's history and information) The temple is around 150 years old and is located near, union office bus stop (around 1 km from Karambakkudi bus stand). Poojas are being performed on daily basis with shraddha and devotion.
- Iyappan temple - also has sannidhana for Durghi, Vinayakar, Subramanyar, Naga devar and Nava grahas.
As of 2001[update] India census, Karambakkudi had a population of 12,007. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Karambakkudi has an average literacy rate of 72%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 78%, and female literacy is 66%. In Karambakkudi, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Reena mercy matriculation school
- Government Boys higher secondary school
- Government Girls higher secondary school
- TELC primary school
- Panchayat union primary school(sengamalam)
- Guthoos Matriculation School
- Mahathma gandhi Nursery & Primary school
- Bright matriculation school
- Bright nursery & primary school
A general government hospital situated in karambakkudi.
- "Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Karambakkudi". Fallingrain.com. Retrieved 2013-09-21.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.