Karatau (Kazakh: Қаратау, Qarataw) is an administrative center in the Talas region located in the Jambyl Region in the south of Kazakhstan. It has an estimated population of roughly 30,000. The largest city from Karatau, Taraz, is approximately 100 km to the southwest.
- "AmerasianWorld.com's Karatau, Kazakhstan". Kevin Miller, Jr.
- AmerasianWorld.com's Karatau, Kazakhstan, (Black Mountain) [English]
- Photos of Karatau [English]
- Karatau, Kazakhstan - Facebook Pages [English]
- Karatay Malenkii Gorod Boshix Nadezhd [Russian]