Mevlana Museum, Karatay, Konya
Location of Karatay, Konya within Turkey.
|• Mayor||Mehmet Hançerli (AKP)|
|• District||2,612.19 km2 (1,008.57 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,026 m (3,366 ft)|
|• District density||110/km2 (270/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Karatay is a town and district of Konya Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey. Karatay is one of the central districts of Konya along with the districts of Meram and Selçuklu. According to 2000 census, population of the district is 214,589 of which 183,677 live in the urban center of Karatay.
Places to see
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2000, Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (XLS) (in Turkish). Retrieved 2008-03-24.
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Retrieved 2008-03-24.
- Company opens Turkey’s ‘largest solar power plant’ in Central Anatolia
- Konya Karatay Kızören Güneş Enerji Santrali
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Konya, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-24.
|This geographical article about a location in Konya Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|