||This article reads like a press release or a news article and/or is entirely based on routine coverage. (December 2009)|
||This article needs to be updated. (April 2017)|
|Founder||Pradeep Jain|
|Headquarters||Bangalore, Karnataka and Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Pradeep Jain (CEO)|
|Products||Mobile phones, smartphones, Tablets|
|Revenue||₹26 billion (US$400 million) |
Number of employees
|Parent||A JV between UTL and Jaina|
Karbonn Mobiles Pvt Ltd is a telecommunications company in India that was founded in March 2009. It is a joint venture mobile manufacturing company between a Bangalore firm (United Telelinks Limited) and Noida firm (Jaina Marketing & Associates). Karbonn Mobiles has a strategic tie-up with Sistema Shyam TeleServices Limited.
The firm's total investment in the Indian consumer market was over US$5 million in the year 2011. The firm contracted with semiconductor companies for their handsets and targets mainly the Indian market. The firm has over 85,000 retailers and 870 service centres (around 150 dedicated exclusively for Karbonn) across India. Karbonn Mobiles aims at registering a turnover of ₹4,000 crore during the 2013-14 financial year.
The company struck a deal with Eros International Media Ltd., the makers of Rajinikanth starrer film Kochadaiyaan (2013) that will involve five lakh Kochadaiyaan merchandise with screen savers and images from the film along with the trailer, behind the scenes shots, signature tune of the film and lead actor's signature on back cover of phones. Products with these additions will be available in the market in 2012.
Karbonn tied up with online digital entertainment service provider Hungama.Com and have an app preinstalled.
In October 2012, Karbonn announced the launch of their brand extension 'Karbonn Smart'. The range includes a smart tab and smartphones based on Android operating system. In February 2014, Microsoft announced Karbonn as a hardware partner of Windows Phone operating system.
In 2014, Karbonn was listed 77th among 1200 of India's most trusted brands according to the Brand Trust Report 2014, a study conducted by Trust Research Advisory, a brand analytics company. Karbonn is the first Android One phone to be sold in UK. The company entered the UK market through Amazon.UK
Karbonn launched Karbonn K9 Virat on 26 August 2016 in India. The device has a 5.5 inch IPS display with resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. The smartphone is powered by a 1.3 GHz quad core processor with 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal storage.
- "Karbonn: How Pardeep Jain managed to create a Rs 2,400 cr telecom behemoth". timesofindia-economictimes.
- "Company Overview of Karbonn Mobile India Private Limited". Bloomberg Businessweek. 16 July 2013. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- "Karbonn Mobiles eyeing Rs 4,000 cr turnover in FY 14". Business Standard. 16 July 2013. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- "Eros to present Rajinikanth-starrer Kochadaiyaan". Rediff.com. 3 July 2012. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- "Karbonn Mobile launches new gadgets under Karbonn Smart brand". Business Standard. 12 October 2012. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- "Microsoft Announces Bangalore Based Karbonn As New Windows Phone Hardware Partner". 2 April 2014.
- "Karbonn Sparkle V Review Simple, stable and affordable". Digit.in. 22 September 2014.
- "India's Most Trusted Brands 2014". Archived from the original on 2 May 2015.
- "Karbonn K9 Viraat with 5.5 inch HD display launched for Rs. 4799". Times of India.