|Founded||luckycgi], India (2009)|
|Headquarters||Bangalore, Karnataka and Noida, India|
|Aneez Ahmed (CEO)|
|Products||Mobile phones, smartphones, Tablets|
|Revenue||₹26 billion (US$390 million) |
Number of employees
|Parent||United Telecoms Limited|
Karbonn Mobiles is a telecommunication firm in India which was founded in March 2009. It is a joint venture mobile manufacturing company between the Bangalore based United Telelinks Limited (a group of Telecom Major and United Telecoms Limited) and Noida based Jaina Marketing & Associates. Karbonn Mobiles India pvt ltd has a strategic tie-up with Sistema Shyam TeleServices Limited.
The firm's total investment in Indian consumer market was over US$5 million in the fiscal year 2011. The firm has contracted with semiconductor companies worldwide for their handsets and targets mainly the Indian market. The firm has over 85,000 retailers and 870 service centres (around 150 dedicated exclusively for Karbonn) across India. Karbonn Mobiles is aiming at registering a turnover of ₹4,000 crore during the 2013-14 financial year.
Karbonn has a presence in other countries such as Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Middle East and Europe as well.
The company has struck a deal with Eros International Media Ltd., the makers of Rajinikanth starrer film Kochadaiyaan (2013) that will involve five lakh Kochadaiyaan merchandise with screen savers and images from the film along with the trailer, behind the scenes shots, signature tune of the film and lead actor's signature on back cover of phones. Products in-built with these additions will be available in the market around September 2012 to October 2012.
Karbonn has also tied up with online digital entertainment service provider Hungama.Com and have an app preinstalled.
In October 2012, Karbonn announced the launch of their brand extension 'Karbonn Smart'. The range includes a smart tab and a number of new smartphones based on Android operating system. In February 2014, Microsoft announced Karbonn as a hardware partner of Windows Phone operating system.
In 2014, Karbonn was listed 77th among 1200 of India's most trusted brands according to the Brand Trust Report 2014, a study conducted by Trust Research Advisory, a brand analytics company. Karbonn is the first android one phone to be sold in UK. The company had step in UK through amazon.UK
- "Karbonn Mobiles eyeing Rs 4,000 cr turnover in FY 14". Business Standard. 16 July 2013. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- "Company Overview of Karbonn Mobile India Private Limited". Bloomberg Businessweek. 16 July 2013. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- "Eros to present Rajinikanth-starrer Kochadaiyaan". Rediff.com. 3 July 2012. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- "Karbonn Mobile launches new gadgets under Karbonn Smart brand". Business Standard. 12 October 2012. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- "Microsoft Announces Bangalore Based Karbonn As New Windows Phone Hardware Partner". 2 April 2014.
- "India's Most Trusted Brands 2014".
- "Karbonn Sparkle V Review Simple, stable and affordable". Digit.in. 22 September 2014.