|Services||Mobile Phone Manufacturing|
|Revenue||₹650 crore (US$91 million)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Jaina Group and UTL Group|
Karbonn Mobiles, is an Indian smartphone manufacturing company founded in March 2009. It is a vendor of feature phones, smartphones, tablets and mobile phone accessories. Karbonn is a joint venture between United Telelinks Ltd., a Bengaluru-based firm and Jaina Marketing Pvt. Ltd., headquartered in New Delhi. Karbonn Mobiles also has tie ups with leading telecom players like Airtel, Vodafone, Idea and Jio. Karbonn is present in countries such as Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and in the Middle East and Europe.
The firm's total investment in the Indian consumer market was over US$5 million in the year 2011. The firm contracted with semiconductor companies for their handsets and targets mainly the Indian market. The firm has over 85,000 retailers and 1000+ service centers (150+ dedicated exclusively for Karbonn) across India. Karbonn Mobiles aims at registering a turnover of ₹4,000 crore during the 2013-14 financial year.
The company struck a deal with Eros International Media Ltd., the makers of Rajinikanth-starrer film Kochadaiyaan (2013). The deal involved the manufacture of five lakh (500,000) items of Kochadaiyaan merchandise with screen savers and images from the film, the trailer, behind-the-scenes shots, the signature tune of the film, and the lead actor's signature on back cover of phones.
In October 2012, Karbonn announced the launch of their brand extension 'Karbonn Smart'. The range includes a smart tab and smartphones based on Android operating system. In February 2014, Microsoft announced Karbonn as a hardware partner of Windows Phone operating system.
Karbonn was ranked the 77th most trusted brand in India among 1,200, by The Brand Trust Report 2014, a study conducted by brand analytics company Trust Research Advisory. In the 2017 edition of the report, it stands at the 350th position among 1,000 Indian companies surveyed.
- "Company Overview of Karbonn Mobile India Private Limited". Bloomberg. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "Company Overview of Karbonn Mobile India Private Limited". Bloomberg. Retrieved 27 September 2017.
- "Karbonn mobiles aims Rs 5,000 crore turnover in current fiscal". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 17 March 2020.
- India, Press Trust of (16 July 2013). "Karbonn Mobiles eyeing Rs 4,000 cr turnover in FY 14". Business Standard India. Business Standard. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- "Eros to present Rajinikanth-starrer Kochadaiyaan". Rediff.com. 3 July 2012. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- Saraswathy, M. (12 October 2012). "Karbonn Mobile launches new gadgets under Karbonn Smart brand". Business Standard India. Business Standard. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- "Microsoft Announces Bangalore Based Karbonn As New Windows Phone Hardware Partner". 2 April 2014.
- "Karbonn Sparkle V Review Simple, stable and affordable". Digit.in. 22 September 2014.
- "India's Most Trusted Brands 2014". TRA Research. 2014. Archived from the original on 2 May 2015.
- "The Brand Trust Report 2017". TRA Research. Retrieved 27 September 2017.