Kardan Investment Bank
|Founded||January 7, 2014|
|Mostafa Omidghaemi (Chairman) |
Yousef A. Sharifi(CEO)
|Total assets||$80 million|
Number of employees
Kardan investment bank (Persian: شرکت تأمین سرمایه کاردان) is a full-fledged investment bank based in Tehran, Iran. Kardan is licensed and regulated by the country’s Securities and Exchange Organization (SEO). The formation of Kardan Investment Bank started in January 2011. The Bank received its license from SEO in June 2013. The company’s capital initially set at IRR1 Trillion ($40 million) was raised to IRR2 Trillion (about $80 million) when license was granted. The company is poised to execute cross-border deals  and is sponsored and owned by three commercial banks, Tejarat (the country’s third largest bank), Saman and Middle East. Kardan board of directors is chaired by Wisconsin university graduate and a prominent banker  Dr. Parviz Aghili (Chairman) who spearheaded the creation of the company. The company is co-founded by Majid Zamani and run by Yousef A. Sharifi (CEO) a Connecticut University graduate and a previous investment manager to the Saman Bank.
- ".:: Seo.ir - سازمان بورس و اوراق بهادار ::". seo.ir.
- Golnar Motevalli. "Iran Bank to Market Energy Fund to Foreign Investors, CEO Says". Bloomberg.com.
- Kardan on Saman Bank Website
- "The banking revolutionary". Financial Times.
- "Majid Zamani: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". Businessweek.com.