January 19, 1973
|Died||January 28, 2005
|Cause of death||Suicide|
|Other names||Karen Lancome, Karen Lancoume, Karen D., Caren, Lauren Del Rio, Karen Lancom, Karen Bach|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|No. of adult films||Over 40 (per IAFD)|
Karen Lancaume (born Karine Bach 19 January 1973 – 28 January 2005) was a French pornographic film actress. She appeared in over 40 pornographic films between 1996 and 2002, all but one being on video. She is best known internationally for her role as Nadine in the controversial 2000 film, Baise-moi, a mainstream film in which she performed unsimulated penetration and fellatio.
Karine Bach was born in the suburbs of Lyon, France, into a wealthy family. Her father was French and her mother was of Moroccan origin. She spent her childhood in the Lyon countryside and completed her studies in communications.
She stated that she had her first sexual experience at the age of 17, just before embarking on her university course, and that she worked weekends at a nightclub to pay for her studies. At the nightclub, she met Franck Ceronne, the disc jockey, whom she married. The couple divorced in 1997.
In 1996, to escape their crippling debts, at Franck's suggestion, the couple began working as a couple in pornographic films. In the film L'Indécente aux enfer (1997) she for the first time performed unsimulated sex scenes with other partners. The couple divorced shortly after. After their divorce, Franck quit the pornographic film industry but Karen continued to appear in pornographic films both in Europe and the United States. Lancaume's debut in the United States was in Private Gold 25 - When the Night Falls.
Her appearances alternated between the two continents, whether in the ranks of major producers like Elegant Angel, Wicked Pictures and Sin City, or to be under acclaimed[by whom?] directors like Marc Dorcel, Mario Salieri, Andrew Blake, Alain Payet, Alessandro Del Mar, Luca Damiano, and others.
She collaborated in Exhibitions (John B. Root, 1998), a pornographic film shot as a documentary on the porn scene, which combined interviews with the protagonists. Lancaume came to feel distaste for her work, even in an interview saying: "I was covered in spunk, wet, freezing to death and no one even offered me a towel. When the scene ends, you are worthless."
In 1999, she exhibited at the Cannes Film Festival, and met Virginie Despentes, who was seeking actresses to perform explicit unsimulated sex in her first film Baise-moi (Fuck Me, Virginie Despentes and Coralie Trinh Thi, 2000). In addition to Lancaume, Raffaëla Anderson, another French porn actress, was also chosen. The controversial film is based on the novel by Virginie, which narrates the encounter between Nadine (Karen) and Manu (Raffaëla) and her subsequent flight, transformed into an vengeance against society and the male gender.
The director defines her début as a feminist argument in the style of Thelma and Louise but with real sex scenes, rape and murder. With the scandal from the film came notoriety, and Anderson decided to use the pull to pursue a career in mainstream film, while Lancaume started easing her workload compared to previous years. She eventually abandoned the pornographic industry in 2002, after six years in the business.
- Black Bastard 12 (video) (2002)
- La marionnette (video) (2001)
- Lady Chérie (video) (as Karen Lacome) (2001)
- À feu et à sexe sur la Riviera (video) (2001)
- Alta borghesia (video) (as Karen Lacombe) (2000)
- Baise-moi as Nadine (as Karen Bach) (2000)
- Harcèlement au féminin (video) (2000)
- Inferno (video) (2000)
- Les interdits de la gynéco (video) as Le docteur Lancaume (2000)
- Niqueurs-nés (video) (1999)
- L'empreinte du vice (video) as Maid in the bordello (1999)
- Acteurs porno en analyse (video) (1999)
- World Sex Tour 21: France (video) (1999)
- Anal Power 3 (video) (1999)
- Danila Visconti (video) (1999)
- Hotdorix (video) (1999)
- Il residence della vergogna (video) (1999)
- Le château des désirs (video) (1999)
- L'enjeu du désir (video) (1999)
- Le principe de plaisir (video) (1998)
- Cindy (video) as Veronica (1998)
- Lili (video) (1998)
- Girl of Casino (1998)
- Mad Sex (video) (1998)
- An American Girl in Paris (video) (1998)
- Bérénice nique (video) (1998)
- Don Tonino (video) (1998)
- Exhibition 99 (1998)
- Fuga dall'Albania (video) as Helen (1998)
- Journal d'une infirmière (video) (1998)
- Necrofilia (video) (1998)
- Racconti dall'oltretomba (video) (1998)
- Le fétichiste (video) (1997)
- The 5 Beginners (video) (1997)
- Sacro e profano (video) (as Karen Lancoume) (1997)
- La maledizione del castello (video) (1997)
- Antefutura (video) (1997)
- Bourgeoisie violée (video) (1997)
- Incest' Air (video) as La fille (1997)
- La mante religieuse (video) (1997)
- Papà, ti scopo tua moglie (video) (1997)
- Sexe en Eaux Troubles (video) (1997)
- Private Gold 25: When the Night Falls (video) (1997)
- Teeny Exzesse 48 - Sperma zum Dessert (video) (1997)
- Teeny Exzesse 51 - Karbol-Mäuschen (video) (1997)
- Oberstabsärztin (video) (as Carene Lancome) (1997)
- L'indécente aux enfers (video) (1997)
- World Sex Tour 15: France (video) (1996)
- "Personal Bio Karen Lancaume". IAFD.com. Retrieved 2008-11-30.
- "Karen Lancaume DVDs, VOD, Blu-Ray Videos at adultfilmdatabase". adultfilmdatabase.com. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- "2000 Hot D'or Nominations Are In". AVN.com. 2000-03-24. Archived from the original on 2007-12-06. Retrieved 2007-10-02.
- "Karen Bach" (in Italian). www.ecologiasociale.org. Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- Antoine de Baecque. "Le geste ultime de Karen Bach - Libération" (in French). Libération. Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- Official website
- Karen Lancaume at Find a Grave
- Karen Lancaume on Internet Movie Database
- Karen Lancaume at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Karen Lancaume at the Adult Film Database
- Karen Lancaume at the European Girls Adult Film Database