From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
One of her best-known poems, I was not there, describes her feelings of guilt at not being there when her parents were murdered by the Nazis.
- THE RELENTLESS YEAR New Poets 1959, Eyre & Spottiswoode 1960
- SELECTED POEMS Gollancz 1966
- LEGACIES AND ENCOUNTERS Gollancz 1972
- MY DAUGHTERS, MY SISTERS Gollancz 1975
- COMING BACK FROM BABYLON Gollancz 1979
- COLLECTED POEMS Macmillan, Papermac 1990
- GRACE NOTES (with drawings by Stella Tripp), Happy Dragons Press, 2002
- WE CAME AS CHILDREN London, Gollancz 1966, republished Macmillan, Papermac 1989
- POSTSCRIPT: A Collective Account of the Lives of Jews in West Germany Since the Second World War Gollancz 1969
- A LESSER CHILD (Autobiography, Vol.1) Peter Owen 1993
- BURN HELEN Harvester Press 1980
- THE BREAD OF EXILE Gollancz 1985
- THE FIFTH GENERATION Gollancz 1987
- WE CAME AS CHILDREN Harcourt Brace & World 1967
- SELECTED POEMS Harcourt Brace & World 1967
- A TEMPERED WIND (Autobiography, Vol.2, 1938–1943) Northwestern University Press 2009
- WIR KAMEN ALS KINDER Alibaba Verlag 1988
- DIE FÜNFTE GENERATION Alibaba Verlag 1988
- DAS UNTERKIND Rowohlt 1992
- MICH NUR ZU TRÖSTEN BESTIMMT Karin Fischer, Edition Roter Stein 2000
- Peter Lawson (2006): Anglo-Jewish Poetry from Isaac Rosenberg to Elaine Feinstein. Pub. Vallentine Mitchell.
- J. M. Ritchie, German-speaking Exiles in Great Britain, Rodopi, Amsterdam, 2001, ISBN 90-420-1537-3.
- Literary estate of Karen Gershon (see External Links).
- J. M. Ritchie, work cited, page 4
- Shmuel Huppert, Biography of Karen Gershon, Jewish Women's Archive
- Meinolf Schumacher, Bielefelder Literatur-Splitter (12): "Wilhelm Harms' House" (Karen Gershon)
- Website of Stella Tripp, daughter of Karen Gershon, executor of literary estate of Karen Gershon
- Website of Naomi Shmuel, daughter of Karen Gershon, site contains further information about Karen Gershon
- Poems by Karen Gershon, 16 poems read by the author (with text)
|This article about a poet from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|