This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
May 11, 1970 |
Karen Kilgariff (born May 11, 1970 in Petaluma, California) is an American actress, writer, comedian, and television producer best known for her work on the late 1990s sketch comedy television program Mr. Show and the Glasgow-set situation comedy The Book Group.
She was the head writer for The Ellen DeGeneres Show and occasionally appears on screen in sketches and other segments. She was also part of a comic duo (with Mary Lynn Rajskub) called Girls Guitar Club.
In 2014, she started a podcast with comedian Chris Fairbanks called "Do You Need A Ride?". The podcast originally took place entirely in a car while Karen and Chris drove their guest around, sometimes picking them up or dropping them off at the airport. However, citing safety concerns, they now sometimes record in the All Things Comedy studio.
In 2016, she and Georgia Hardstark started the true crime podcast "My Favorite Murder," in which they discuss various infamous murders and serial killers. Since its inception, the podcast has garnered a large fan base, ranking number one on the iTunes comedy podcast list in May 2016.
Notes and references
- Maron, Marc (April 10, 2014). "Episode 487 — Karen Kilgariff" (audio podcast). WTF Podcast. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- Molyneaux, Libby. "Karen Kilgariff: Comedy Pick of the Week". LA Weekly. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- "The Pete Holmes Show on Twitter".
- "Do You Need A Ride?".
- "My Favorite Murder with Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark". Feral Audio.
- Karen Kilgariff on IMDb
- @KarenKilgariff on Twitter
- "In 'Bootleg,' Kilgariff Sets Her Comic Commentary To Music" on National Public Radio
- "10 Weird Questions with Karen Kilgariff" from Man Cave Daily
- Interview with Karen Kilgariff in Nailed
- My Favorite Murder on Midroll
|This article about an American television actor or actress born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|