|Karen A. Linder|
|Born||1960 (age 56–57)
|Alma mater||B.S., Nebraska Wesleyan University, 1982|
|Occupation||Business Leader, Author|
|Spouse(s)||James Linder, M.D.|
Karen A. Linder (born 1960) is an American business leader, investor, author and artist. She serves as CEO and president of Tethon 3D, a 3d printing company, and as principal of Linseed Capital, a private investment firm. Her book, The Women of Berkshire Hathaway, was published in 2012 by John Wiley & Sons.
Linder is founder and CEO of Tethon3D, a privately held company based in Omaha, Nebraska that develops materials for ceramic 3D printing and provides modeling, scanning and printing services. Notable projects include producing ceramic materials for artificial reef ecosystems, unique construction materials,  and a ceramic resin composite for use in stereolithography 3D printing.
In 2012, she founded Linspiration, Inc., a consulting service to mentor and educate entrepreneurs. This activity was folded into Linseed Capital, a company she co-founded, that now has provided support to more than 20 portfolio companies in the Midwest. She was a co-founder of the Pipeline Entrepreneurship Fellowship, a three-state organization which provides intensive mentoring to entrepreneurs with high-growth potential.She is a board member of the Nebraska Angels, and of SkyVu Entertainment a leading mobile gaming company. and board advisor to Flywheel, a web design and hosting company.
Books and communications
Linder is author of The Women of Berkshire Hathaway, published in 2012, which examines broad trends of women in corporate America and looks at case studies within Berkshire Hathaway, a company once dominated by men. She notes that although women continue to lag far behind men as CEOs and board members, there has been a marked increase in recent years in the number of female business leaders in the United States. Linder has written and edited numerous scientific articles, chapters and books. She was founding editor of the Journal of Cytotechnology, and is a past president of the American Society for Cytotechnology.
Linder mentors the leaders of numerous companies, and advises on approaches to secure angel funding. She frequently lectures on the subject of increasing the business leadership roles of women, and has been a speaker for programs sponsored by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Linder has served on various arts and educational organizations, including the Nebraska Cultural Endowment, and the KANEKO, a leading cultural center in Omaha. In June 2014 she was elected to the board of governors of Nebraska Wesleyan University. She is also an accomplished artist, and her paintings and sculptors feature contemporary landscapes and unique floral patterns, housed in more than 100 institutional and private collections.
Awards, personal and family
In 2013, she was recognized as “Investor of the Year” in the Midwest. In 2014 Linder and her husband her husband received the Entrepreneurial Leadership Award for their work in supporting new companies in Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska. In June 2014, Linder was one of ten women honored by the Women's Center for Advancement for her work, achievements and lifelong commitment to helping women and children stay safe. The same year Linder was recognized by the Omaha Magazine as a “Renaissance Women” because of her diverse contributions to business, science and the arts  She is married to James Linder, M.D., a physician and business executive.
- NPR, Warren Buffett Welcomes Berkshire Shareholders To Omaha, May 6, 2013
- Grunewald, Scott J (19 September 2015). "Oyster Growers Use 3D Printed Structures to Help Restore New England’s Reef Ecosystem". 3dprint.com. 3DR Holdings, LLC. Retrieved 14 February 2016.
- Hipolite, Whitney (1 February 2015). "3D Printed ‘Cool Bricks’ Can Cool an Entire Room Using Water". 3dprint.com. 3DR Holdings, LLC. Retrieved 14 February 2016.
- Butler Millsaps, Bridget (2 February 2016). "Porcelite: 3D Print with New Porcelain Resin & Then Fire & Glaze Your Ceramic Models—on Kickstarter Now". 3dprint.com. 3DR Holdings, LLC. Retrieved 14 February 2016.
- Linseed Capital website
- Pipeline Entrepreneurship Fellowship website
- Nebraska Angels website
- Lightbanks Leads Way as Skyvu Raises New Seed Funding, Silicon Prairie News
- Flywheel website
- Women of Berkshire Hathaway website
- John Wiley & Sons website
- article by Russell Hubbard, Omaha World Herald, March 8,2013
- American Society of Cytotechnology website
- Women 2.0 website
- Danny Schreiber,Omaha World Herald, March 19, 2013
- TEDx Omaha 2012
- "Speaker: Women-Owned Businesses Becoming Driving Force," by Robert Pore, Grand Island Independent, March 21, 2013
- Nebraska Cultural Endowment website
- KANEKO website
- "NWU Alumni Elected to Board of Governors," Lincoln Journal Star, July 21, 2014
- Angelfire Art Gallery website
- Karen Linder art at UNMC
- Up Against the Wall Gallery
- Bemis art gallery website
- Siliconprairie News
- Nebraska entrepreneurship news release
- Maureen Turner, Omaha World Herald, June 29, 2014
- Omaha Magazine, November 2014