|Member of the European Parliament|
|Assumed office |
2 July 2019
|Born||15 October 1980|
|Political party||Danish Social Liberal Party|
|Alma mater||University of Copenhagen|
Karen Melchior (born 15 October 1980) is a Danish lawyer and politician who has been serving as a Member of the European Parliament since 2019.
Melchior was a member of the Copenhagen Municipal Council. In the council, she served on the Social Committee and the Health and Care Committee. from local elections of 2017, on the ticket of the Social Liberal Party.
Melchior was eventually elected to the European Parliament in 2019. She has since been serving on the Committee on Legal Affairs and on the Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality. In addition to her committee assignments, she is part of the parliament's delegations to the EU-Armenia Parliamentary Partnership Committee, the EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee and the EU-Georgia Parliamentary Association Committee, as well as to the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly. She is also a member of the European Internet Forum.
- "Key dates ahead". European Parliament. 20 May 2017. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- "Key dates ahead". BBC News. 22 May 2017. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- Søren Øhlers (27 May 2019). "Radikal står til at forlade København til fordel for EU".
- "Karen Melchior". Københavns Kommune (in Danish). Retrieved 2018-08-08.
- "Karen Melchior". Radikale Hovedstaden (in Danish). 2013-08-21. Retrieved 2018-08-08.
- "Karen Melchior". Altinget.dk (in Danish). Retrieved 2018-08-08.
- "Valgresultat EP-valg Danmark - Følg resultatet for EP-valget her | DR". www.dr.dk.
- Karen Melchior European Parliament.
- Members European Internet Forum.