Karen Salmansohn is a best selling self-help book author and award-winning designer with about 2 million books sold nationally and internationally. She has a large social media following of about 1.3 million fans on Facebook, about 60,000 on Instagram, and 3.1 million monthly views on Pinterest. She is the founder of notsalmon.com, a popular personal development site, which offers books and video courses on topics including anxiety, toxic people, emotional eating, relationships, meditation, and happiness. Her website also includes many of her viral quote posters that she writes and designs.
Salmansohn was formerly a senior VP ad creative director (at age 26) who left her job to pursue writing. She has been profiled in the NY Times, Business Week, Chicago Tribune, LA Times, Philadelphia Inquirer, Time Magazine, ELLE, Marie Claire, and Fast Company. She also appeared in popular television shows and was a regular lifestyle reporter for Fox TV.
From 2005-2008 Karen offered monthly seminars at THE SOHO HOUSE in New York City where she lives. In 2007-2008, she had her own SIRIUS radio show called Be Happy Dammit, inspired by the title of her best-selling book. She gave a Tedx Talk titled "Fun is a High Performance Fuel." She also gives seminars nationally (at places like NAWBO, Gen Art, and Media Bistro) and internationally (in Canada, Germany, and elsewhere).
She is a regular columnist for Oprah, CNN, Psychology Today, Huffington Post, and MSN. She also wrote a popular career column for amNY, one of New York's largest newspapers, called "The 1 Minute Career Therapist". She's a relationship expert for msn.com, match.com and Lifetime TV and had previously been a career coach for AOL (alongside Tom Peters and Brian Tracey). She has nearly 40 books, five TV development deals, two film deals, and one perfume named "Unavailable: it's more than a perfume, it's a philosophy."
She is most known for creating a new breed of beautifully designed and humorously written, research-based self-help books — like her best sellers How To Be Happy, Dammit, Think Happy, Life is Long, Prince Harming Syndrome, Instant Happy, Friends Forever, and The Bounce Back Book. On her website, she describes her books as being for "people who would never be caught dead reading self-help books" or "self-help books you can give as a gift and not get slapped because they look kinda cool".
Her most recent book, Instant Calm, offers 2-minute sensory meditations and is to be released in August of 2019.
- View Amplifier : iAmplify
- Karen Salmansohn Main - AOL Coaches
- Broadway Books | The 30-Day Plan to Whip Your Career Into Submission by Karen Salmansohn
- Learn the latest buzz words in advertising - amNY.com
- Gavin Ambrose and Paul Harris (2003). Excerpt from This End Up. Rotovision. Retrieved 2009-03-10.
- Karen Salmansohn as Oprah columnist (The difference between “bad compromise” and “good compromise”)
- Karen Salmansohn as Psychology Today columnist (Communication Tools To Help Kids Talk About Their Feelings)
- Karen Salmansohn as Huffington Post columnist (What Do You Tell Kids When They Ask Why Mean People Are Mean? (And what do you tell yourself too?)[permanent dead link])
- Karen Salmansohn as CNN columnist (Don't be a jerk during your next fight)
- Karen Salmansohn as Match.com columnist (How to be lucky in love)