Karen Saxe is an American mathematician who specializes in functional analysis, and in the mathematical study of issues related to social justice. She is DeWitt Wallace Professor of Mathematics at Macalester College, and is on leave from Macalester as director of the Washington DC office of the American Mathematical Society.
Education and career
After postdoctoral study at St. Olaf College, she joined the Macalester faculty in 1991. She chaired the department of mathematics, statistics, and computer science at Macalester from 2007 to 2013, and was named DeWitt Wallace Professor in 2015.
- Reviews of Beginning Functional Analysis:
- "Karen Saxe: "Mathematics & Social Justice"", The Michael E. Moody Lecture Series, Harvey Mudd College, October 26, 2016
- Curriculum vitae, retrieved 2018-02-01
- "Karen Saxe named new director of AMS Washington DC office", News, Events and Announcements, American Mathematical Society, August 16, 2016
- Karen Saxe at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- "Congressman John Lewis will deliver commencement address at Bard", Hudson Valley One, February 22, 2017