Karen Shakhnazarov in 2008.
|Born||Karen Georgievich Shakhnazarov
July 8, 1952
Krasnodar, Soviet Union
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
|Years active||1980 – present|
Karen Georgievich Shakhnazarov, PAR (Russian: Каре́н Гео́ргиевич Шахназа́ров; born 8 July 1952) is a Soviet and Russian-Armenian filmmaker, producer and screenwriter. He became the Director General of the Mosfilm studios in 1998.
His 1987 film Courier was entered into the 15th Moscow International Film Festival, where it won a Special Prize. In 2002 he was a member of the jury at the 24th Moscow International Film Festival. Since 2005 he has been a member of the Public Chamber of Russia.
|Year||English title||Original title|
|1984||We Are from Jazz||Мы из джаза|
|1985||Winter Evening in Gagry||Зимний вечер в Гаграх|
|1987||The Messenger Boy||Курьер|
|1991||The Assassin of the Tsar||Цареубийца|
|1995||American Daughter||Американская дочка|
|1998||Day of the Full Moon||День полнолуния|
|2001||Poisons or the World History of Poisoning||Яды, или Всемирная история отравлений|
|2004||The Rider Named Death||Всадник по имени смерть|
|2008||The Vanished Empire||Исчезнувшая империя|
|2009||Ward Number 6||Палата № 6|
|2012||White Tiger||Белый тигр|
Karen Shakhnazarov is one of several living descendants of the famous Melik-Shahnazarian princely family from Nagorno-Karabakh. The Melik-Shahnazarians ruled Nagorno-Karabakh's province of Varanda in medieval and modern times.
- "15th Moscow International Film Festival (1987)". MIFF. Retrieved 2013-02-21.
- "24th Moscow International Film Festival (2002)". MIFF. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- "Karen Shakhnazarov’s "White Tiger"nominated for Oscar". PanArmenian (PanArmenian). 20 September 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "Culture activists of Russia in support of the position of the President on Russia's military intervention in Ukraine and Crimea" (in Russian). Russian Ministry of Culture. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Карен ШАХНАЗАРОВ: «Я не экранизирую свою жизнь»
|This article about a Russian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|