Perfume (Japanese band)
Perfume at the 28th Tokyo International Film Festival (2015). From left to right: Kashiyuka, A-chan and Nocchi.
|Origin||Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan|
|Associated acts||Yasutaka Nakata|
Perfume (パフューム Pafyūmu) is a Japanese pop girl group from Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan, consisting of Ayano Ōmoto ("Nocchi"), Yuka Kashino ("Kashiyuka") and Ayaka Nishiwaki ("A~chan"). The group has been signed with Amuse, Inc. since 2003 and with Universal Music Group since 2012.
The group was formed in early 2000 inside young talent academy Actors School Hiroshima, and debuted with their first Hiroshima-local single "Omajinai Perori" released on March 21, 2002. A year later they moved to Tokyo, started to work with Capsule's producer Yasutaka Nakata and released their first nationwide indie single, "Sweet Donuts" on August 6, 2003. In 2005 they got a major contract deal with Tokuma Japan Communications, and released their major debut single "Linear Motor Girl" on September 21. However, it was not until 2008 where the group's seventh single "Polyrhythm", which was chosen to be the theme song of a recycle campaign by NHK, that they started to receive major attention in Japan. The single peaked at number seven on the Oricon charts, becoming their first Top 10 single in Japan, and since then, all of their subsequent works starting with their eighth single "Baby Cruising Love" have debuted within the Top 3 of the charts. Their first original studio album, Game, released on April 16, 2008, became their first number one album in Japan, and "Love the World", released on July 9, 2008, their first number one single. With roughly combined sales of both singles and albums, the group has sold over 4 million records, with 1.5 million albums sold in Japan alone as of March 2012.
The group was formed with an original post-Shibuya-kei sound as it was popular during the years until their transition toward contemporary electronic dance music that incorporated elements of synthpop, bubblegum pop, dance-pop, techno, and house music. The group is also known for their heavily processed vocals, making clever use of autotune, Harmony Engine, and vocoders. Over the years, Perfume has been one of the most successful acts in Asian music. The group's musical structure has been identified as "technopop". In 2012 the group announced that they had signed a global contract with Universal Music Group, and that they expected to expand their horizons and "go global". Their sixteenth major label single "Spending All My Time", released on August 15, 2012, was seen as a dedication to fans overseas.[nb 1] Their fourth studio album Level3 was released on October 2, 2013, and was soon followed by "Sweet Refrain" a month after, serving as the lead single for their fifth studio album Cosmic Explorer, which was released on April 6, 2016.
- 1 Members
- 2 Name
- 3 History
- 3.1 2000-2003: Formation, early career development and local recognition in Hiroshima
- 3.2 2003-2005: Bee-Hive era in Tokyo
- 3.3 2005-2007: New record label and Complete Best
- 3.4 2007-2008: Commercial success and GAME era
- 3.5 2008-2009: Triangle era
- 3.6 2010-2011: Overseas activities and recognition; JPN era
- 3.7 2012: Label change and international expansion
- 3.8 2013: International breakthrough and LEVEL3
- 3.9 2014: Perfume FES!! 2014, 5th Tour "Gurungurun" and "World Tour 3rd"
- 3.10 2015-present: SXSW, 15th anniversary, "We Are Perfume", "Cosmic Explorer"
- 4 Musical style and image
- 5 Live performances
- 6 Discography
- 7 Media appearances
- 8 Awards
- 9 Fandom
- 10 Notes
- 11 References
- 12 External links
Perfume members use their official nicknames on stage and TV rather than their real names.
|Stage name||Birth name||Date of birth|
|Kashiyuka||Yuka Kashino (樫野 有香 Kashino Yuka)||December 23, 1988|
|A~chan||Ayaka Nishiwaki (西脇 綾香 Nishiwaki Ayaka)||February 15, 1989|
|Nocchi||Ayano Ōmoto (大本 彩乃 Ōmoto Ayano)||September 20, 1988|
Yuka Kawashima left the group in order to pursue her studies. She later joined another group called Risky, and then attempted a solo career as Yuka. She graduated from the Hiroshima University of Economics in 2011. Nowadays she lives in Hiroshima and works at YNN47.
|Stage name||Birth name||Date of birth|
|Kawayuka||Yuka Kawashima (河島 佑香 Kawashima Yuka)||November 5, 1988|
Because Ayaka Nishiwaki ("A~chan"), Yuka Kashino ("Kashiyuka"), and Yuka Kawashima ("Kawayuka") had the same Japanese kanji character for 香 (ka / kaori fragrance) in their names, they named the group "Perfume" (香水 (kosui) in Japanese). The original name was "ぱふゅ〜む" or "ぱふゅ→む" written in hiragana with thirteen strokes. Nishiwaki stated that they wished to follow the success of four-member dance group SPEED (thirteen strokes in uppercase), who trained at Okinawa Actors School.
Due to Kawashima's exit and Ōmoto's entry, they gave a new meaning to this name. When asked why they chose it, Nishiwaki replied, "The fragrance of perfume can soothe your feelings or make you feel happy. We aspire to be such artists." 
In spring 2003, they moved to Tokyo and joined the management agency Amuse, Inc.. Then the management changed the group name to English. They wanted to keep the hiragana name associated with their heroines, SPEED, but eventually acquiesced. Ōmoto later said, "The powers-that-be are scary."
2000-2003: Formation, early career development and local recognition in Hiroshima
In 2000, Nishiwaki, Kashino, and Kawashima voluntarily formed the group inside young talent academy Actors School Hiroshima (ASH) run by TSS Production, a subsidiary of TSS-TV Co., Ltd., formerly called Shinhiroshima Telecasting. However, before the group could even debut, Kawashima decided to pull out of the project as she left ASH (and later formed another group called Pinkies). Nishiwaki set out to find a replacement, and Ayano Ōmoto ("Nocchi") joined as the third member. The three girls attended ASH as part of the inaugural class of 1999.
In March 2002, Perfume debuted in Hiroshima with the single "Omajinai Perori". They followed up the release with "Kareshi Boshūchū" in November of that same year. Both singles were only sold in Hiroshima under Momiji Label. Around this time they also met Mikiko, a choreographer who would go on to coordinate all of the group's dances from this point forward.
2003-2005: Bee-Hive era in Tokyo
In 2003, following their graduation from the Actors School in Hiroshima, the trio moved to Tokyo. There, they became a part of Bee-Hive, a project that Buzy (band) and Boystyle also belonged to, and signed with the management office Amuse, Inc.. In Tokyo, they also met Capsule's Yasutaka Nakata who would become their music producer. Between the years of 2003 and 2004, they released "Sweet Donuts", "Monochrome Effect", and "Vitamin Drop" under the indie record label Bee-Hive Records. It was also during this time that they had their first three live performances. Though none of their releases became a hit, their management office made the choice to give Perfume a major debut.
From 2004 autumn to 2005 summer, Perfume temporarily set Akihabara as their home ground. They collaborated with voice actress and singer Haruko Momoi providing vocals to her song "Akihabalove", which was produced by her under the alias DJ Momo-i. The song was released on a DVD along with the promotional video. They sometimes held surprise live street performances there, and they used to be considered as "Akiba-kei idols" till the hit of Game.
2005-2007: New record label and Complete Best
On September 21, 2005, Perfume made its major label debut under the label Tokuma Japan Communications. They released "Linear Motor Girl", which charted on the Oricon charts at number 99. Two singles, "Computer City" and "Electro World", followed in 2006. On August 2, 2006, Perfume released Perfume: Complete Best along with a new track, "Perfect Star, Perfect Style". The album reached number 33 on the Oricon charts (later climbing up as high as number 25 with the release of Perfume's second album, Game).
On December 20, 2006, Perfume released a download exclusive song, "Twinkle Snow Powdery Snow". The song later appeared on their single, "Fan Service: sweet". On December 21, 2006, Perfume had a live concert at Harajuku Astro Hall which was later recorded and released as "Fan Service: bitter".
2007-2008: Commercial success and GAME era
While almost all of the other Bee-Hive members were getting dropped by Amuse, Inc., Perfume was given the opportunity to release another single. In February 2007, they released "Fan Service: Sweet" featuring the fun dance track "Chocolate Disco". This was a turning point for Perfume in which their luck began to change. Although the sales for "Fan Service: sweet" were not stellar, "Chocolate Disco" did catch the attention of an already well-established artist in the J-pop industry, Kimura Kaela. Kimura then played Perfume's music on her radio show consistently. While listening to Kimura's radio show, a commercial director named Akira Tomotsugi noticed Perfume and decided to use the three girls in an upcoming TV ad. On July 1, 2007, the commercial for NHK's national recycling campaign aired, featuring Perfume and a new song, "Polyrhythm". The commercial gave Perfume exposure they could have only dreamed of before. Subsequently, their next live show sold out, and Perfume became the first idol group to perform at the Summer Sonic music festival. On September 12, 2007, Perfume officially released their tenth single, "Polyrhythm". It reached number 4 on the Oricon daily single charts and climbed as high as number 7 on the weekly charts. This is noted as the beginning of Perfume's national fame.
In 2008, the group followed up the success of "Polyrhythm" with "Baby Cruising Love/Macaroni." The single reached number 3 on the Oricon weekly charts and sold 50,000 copies. On April 16, 2008, Perfume released their first original album, Game. Game reached number 1 on the Oricon charts upon its release, making Perfume the first technopop group to achieve this since Yellow Magic Orchestra's Naughty Boys in 1983. At the time of the album's release, Perfume ~Complete Best~, "Polyrhythm", and "Baby Cruising Love/Macaroni" all re-entered the Oricon charts. The album went on to sell over 450,000 copies and is certified double platinum.
After the album's release, Perfume First Tour "Game" was announced. The group toured 10 cities and sold out all tickets. On the final date of the tour, Perfume announced that they would be doing a 2-day show at the prestigious Nippon Budokan in November 2008 as well as the release date of their next single, "love the world".
2008-2009: Triangle era
"Love the World" was released on July 9, 2008. It became the first technopop song ever to reach number 1 on the Oricon charts. In October 2008, the Perfume First Tour "Game" DVD was announced. Upon its release, it beat prominent artists like Koda Kumi and Namie Amuro for the number 1 spot. Perfume then performed at Budokan for 2 days, November 6 and 7. On the second show, titled "Budoukaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!", they announced a show at yet another famous venue, Yoyogi National Gymnasium titled "Disco!Disco!Disco!", which was a tour that was one of the few to never be released on DVD or Blu-ray, although a few of the songs performed can be seen on the extra footage included in the Triangle Album + DVD set. The year 2008 ended with the release of their 13th single, "Dream Fighter," which reached number 2 on the charts. They were also chosen to sing at NHK's 59th Kōhaku Uta Gassen, the prestigious end of the year live TV program. On April 18, 2008 Perfume made a special guest appearance performing "Ceramic Girl" at the ending scene of the drama "Sumire 16 sai!!". The music was theme of the drama, and on DVD of Game album there was "Ceramic Girl: Drama Another Version" PV, with scenes of the drama.
On March 25, 2009, Perfume released their 14th single, "One Room Disco". The single reached number 1 in the charts. In April 2009, Perfume began broadcast of a comedy sketch program titled Perfume's Chandelier House. On July 8, 2009, the group released its "80s-themed" third album, Triangle. The album was another number 1 hit for Perfume, selling over 300,000 copies. Perfume then went on their second nationwide tour in order to promote the album.
2010-2011: Overseas activities and recognition; JPN era
In 2010, Perfume released "Fushizen na Girl / Natural ni Koishite", which reached number 2 in the charts. They went on a fanclub-exclusive tour, titled Perfume 10th Anniversary Fan Club Tour and also announced that they would be having a show at Tokyo Dome titled "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11." Perfume took part in a commercial for a Pepsi NEX campaign in Japan. In that commercial, they covered a short segment of Lovefool by The Cardigans. On August 11, 2010, Perfume celebrated their 10th anniversary with the release of their 16th single, "Voice", which was used in a Nissan advert.
Perfume's show at the Tokyo Dome as part of their 10-year anniversary marked only the second time an all-female group had held a concert at the venue since SPEED. Tickets for the show were sold out on the day tickets were released. The demand for the tickets was so high that extra, unplanned seats were added. Perfume performed to 50,000 fans. At the end of the show, it was announced that Perfume would attend the Mnet Asian Music Awards (a Korean music-based award show that takes place in Macau), as one of the representatives for Japan alongside R&B duo Chemistry. It was to be Perfume's first overseas performance. After the concert, a new single titled "Nee" was released on November 10, 2010, and like "Natural ni Koishite", it was a tie-up with Japanese apparel brand "Natural Beauty Basic". The single debuted at number 2 with first-week sales of 85,164, their highest first-week singles sales to date. On November 28, 2010, Perfume received the "Best Asia Artist Award" at the Mnet Asian Music Awards in Macau and later on performed "Nee" and "Chocolate Disco". The DVD of the "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11" live performance at Tokyo Dome was released on February 9, 2011. Since February 2, 2011 a new song "Laser Beam" was featured in the adverts titled "Hyōketsu Dance" and "Hyōketsu Ice Music" for Kirin's chūhai drinks. Though it was announced on March 3, 2011 that their next single would be released on April 20, 2011, the official site announced on April 1, 2011, that the new single would be a double A-side single of "Laser Beam/Kasuka na Kaori" and the release was suspended until May 5, 2011, due to the 2011 eastern Japan earthquake. The new release date of the single was then set to be on May 18, 2011.
In 2011, their hit song "Polyrhythm" was featured in Pixar's movie Cars 2. The song was also included in the film's soundtrack. Perfume was invited to and attended the world premiere of Cars 2 in Los Angeles on June 18, 2011. When the movie was released, Perfume's popularity began to skyrocket faster than the pace of their leg work in "Nee". Also, Perfume did a second TV commercial for Kirin, "Hyōketsu Sparkling" featuring a new song, "Glitter".
On September 5, 2011, Perfume announced that they will be releasing their fourth album, JPN on November 30, 2011. Before the album was to be released, they released the new single "Spice" on November 2, 2011, which is the lead single for the album and includes the song "Glitter" from their recent Kirin commercial tie-up.
On October 15, 2011, Perfume and Japanese co-ed band AAA represented Japan as performers for the 2011 Asia Song Festival which was held in Daegu, South Korea. They performed alongside Korean acts Super Junior, Girls' Generation, Beast and Lee Seung-gi, Chinese singers Bibi Zhou and Leo Ku, Taiwanese singer Peter Ho and Thai singer Tata Young.
2012: Label change and international expansion
On February 28, it was announced the group had transferred to Universal Music Japan to start working overseas. It was also announced that the group would be releasing their latest album, JPN, on iTunes in 50 countries and an official global website on March 6. The first official release of the group under Universal Music was the single "Spring of Life". On the same day, Universal Japan announced that the group would be managed by the label Universal J, the same label of the previously signed singer-fashion designer Meg, who was also produced by Yasutaka Nakata.
On March 7, 2012, Perfume announced that they had signed a global contract with Universal Music Group. A day after, March 8, 2012, the group announced the April 11 release of the single "Spring of Life". The title track was used as a Kirin advert for "Hyōketsu Magical Music". This marks the group's first single to be released under their new record label. On March 23, 2012 Perfume made a special guest appearance performing "Baby Cruising Love" in the movie "Moteki".
On May 18, 2012 Perfume gave their first English interview to the Japan Times Online. In it they discussed K-pop, their move from Tokuma Japan to Universal Music and coming to the United States for the first time and their desire to perform internationally. Perfume and their management intend to present the group 'as is' internationally rather than adapting them to fit the market like previous attempts by Asian artists to break the international market. This was backed up when the group's latest album JPN was released in various Asian markets physically.
The group hosted the MTV Video Music Awards Japan 2012 which was held in Chiba at Makuhari Messe Hall on June 23. On July 23, 2012, Perfume made two announcements, one of which was that they were having their first tour outside Japan, in places such as Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea and Singapore. The second announcement was that they were releasing a new compilation album set for global release named "Perfume Global Compilation LOVE THE WORLD", which is to be released on September 12, 2012.
2013: International breakthrough and LEVEL3
On February 27, 2013, Perfume released their 17th single, entitled "Mirai no Museum". The title track was used as theme song for the Doraemon film, Nobita no Himitsu Dōgu Museum. The single peaked at number 2 on the Oricon charts, becoming the group's 12th consecutive Top 3 single. From May 29 to June 18, the group held a live tour entitled Zutto Suki Datta'n'jake: Sasurai no Men Kata Perfume Fes!! utilizing a 'Battle of the Bands' performance style with three other different artists: Kazuyoshi Saito, Tamio Okuda, and Maximum the Hormone. The tour consisted of six performances which were held at the Zepp music halls in Tokyo, Nagoya, and Osaka. Perfume also performed live at the Ultra Music Festival in South Korea on June 14. On May 22, Perfume released their second single for 2013, entitled "Magic of Love", releasing simultaneously the live DVD Perfume World Tour 1st, which covered their recent performance in Singapore from their world tour. On June 20, 2013, Perfume was invited to Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity where they presented the "Perfume Global Site Project" which received a Silver Lion Award in Cyber Lions category, and performed a special version of their single "Spending All My Time". In July 2013, the group started their second world tour, in which they held concerts in Cologne, London and Paris. On June 19, Perfume announced the release of their fourth studio album, entitled Level3 for October 2, 2013, their first studio album with Universal Music Japan. On October 6, a new song titled "Party Maker" started to be promoted in TV commercials of Eisai's Chocola BB Sparkling. On August 14, 2013 Perfume performed in the NHK special program "Minna wo Tsunagu Mahou no Melody", Disney' songs, even as another artists. On November 27, 2013, their 19th single "Sweet Refrain" was released. The song was used as the theme song for TV Asahi drama Toshi Densetsu no Onna 2 which started broadcasting on October 11, 2013.
2014: Perfume FES!! 2014, 5th Tour "Gurungurun" and "World Tour 3rd"
On February 22, 2014 PePerfume was invited to perform at the 9th KKBOX Music Awards in Taiwan. They also announced their 2nd co-headlining tour entitled Perfume Fes!! 2014 (which ran from March 15 to 20) utilizing a 'Battle of the Bands' performance style again with eight other different artists, such as 9nine, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, and Rip Slyme. The tour consisted of nine performances at many music halls in Tokyo, Hiroshima, Shizuoka, Ishikawa, Kagawa and finally Seoul (South Korea).
On April 30, the group announced via a fanclub-exclusive stream that they plan to release a new single in the summer of 2014, which would be their 20th major label single since their major label debut "Linear Motor Girl". At the same time they announced their 5th tour, titled "Perfume 5th Tour 'Gurungurun'". The tour is titled "Gurungurun" (which means round and round) to represent Perfume's long trip around Japan for this tour, with 14 dates in 7 cities.
On May 27, Perfume announced that they would release their new single "Cling Cling" on July 16, along with 3 other songs. It was also stated that "Cling Cling" will be used in a new Chocola BB commercial. On June 24, Perfume announced their next world tour titled "Perfume World Tour 3rd" from October 31 through November 15, taking them to Taiwan, Singapore, the United Kingdom, and their first visits to the United States. On July 16, Perfume released "Cling Cling", which was their 20th single overall, along with 3 other tracks, entitled "Hold Your Hand" (which would be the theme for the drama "Silent Poor"), "Display" (used with a tie-in with Panasonic 4K), and "Ijiwaru na Hello". The song "Hold Your Hand" had Perfume fans from all around the world contribute photographs of their hands with various lyrics and letters written on them. The pictures were then compiled into a final music video.
The group released a Bonus Edition of their album Level3 on October 7, with the label Astralwerks. This edition include two new mixes of their single Spending All My Time. Perfume's song “Hurly Burly” was the end theme of the short movie "FASTENING DAYS". The group made a cameo in the OK Go's I Won't Let You Down video.
2015-present: SXSW, 15th anniversary, "We Are Perfume", "Cosmic Explorer"
Perfume returned to the United States in March 2015 and appeared at SXSW on March 17. Their appearance included the debut of a new song, "Story", and the performance received praise for the technology utilized and the futuristic visuals.
On April 29, 2015, Perfume released a double A-side single Relax In The City/Pick Me Up. OK Go made a cameo in the music video for "Pick Me Up". On April of 2015 Perfume released their iconic shoes 'Perfume Dance Heel', available on their webstore, Isetan and Asmart stores. Avaliable on colors: Pink beige, Black, White, Black gold and Coral Red suede.
On 2015 Perfume Exhibit happened at Tower Records SHIBUYA 8F as one of "Perfume 10th ANNIVERSARY PROJECT"! Perfume costumes and rare photos were available there. On September 18th - October 4th started the VOL.1 Perfume-10 Tower Records zenpen 〜 mi ni kite kure n?〜 (Perfume展 タワレコ前編 〜見にきてくれん？〜 Perfume Exhibition Tower Records first part ~ Come see me? ~) and on October 9 - November 1 the VOL.2 Perfume-10 Tower Records kōhen ~ mi toita kata ga ē omou yo? (Perfume展 タワレコ後編〜見といた方がえぇおもうよ？〜 Perfume Exhibition Tower Records second part ~ Those who watched will think of yeah? ~).
Between September 21–30, the group began a ten-day series of events to celebrate their 15th anniversary as a group. Events included "PTA summit" on 9/21, "Perfume FES!! 2015" on 9/22, "3rd Perfume Dance Contest" on 9/23, and a series of concerts titled "3:5:6:9" (pronounced "San:Go:Roku:Kyu") a pun on "sugoroku", which is Japanese for "board game". The concerts centered on a large die which determined the songs that the group would perform. On September 26, 2015 they released a collection of their columns Tachimachi,-go rinpikku sen? (たちまち、語リンピックせん? Instantly, do not you word-ring?), 200 total, from TV Bros. magazine. Spanning 2007-2015, it was titled "Fan Service [TV Bros.]".
On October 15, the next single "Star Train" was released. The song was used as the theme of Perfume's documentary "WE ARE Perfume -WORLD TOUR 3rd DOCUMENT", which chronicled their World Tour 3rd and their performance at SXSW. On November 26, they debuted the song "Next Stage With You", which was tied into the marketing campaign of the same name by Mercedes-Benz Japan.
On December 5, Perfume was showcased in an episode of "Entertainment Nippon" by NHK World. In light of their upcoming documentary, the episode detailed the history of the group as well as the people behind the scenes that help the success of their live performances.
On December 25, 2015 Perfume announced a fifth album to be released in the Spring of 2016, along with an accompanying nationwide arena tour. It was later revealed on February 14, 2016 entitled "Cosmic Explorer", to be released April 6, along with an accompanying 6th Tour by the same name. The single "Flash" was released together with the album "Cosmic Explorer", like an extra disc. "Flash" was the theme song of live action adaptation of Chihayafuru.
On March 12, 2016 Perfume performed as part of NHK Ashita he Concert to support the victims of the big earthquake. On the first part of World Tour Perfume held a 'COSMIC EXPLORER CAFE' in Hong Kong, Taipei (Taiwan) and Seoul (Korea), with a Costume Display for the fans. Along with the World Tour, the 'Perfume: A Gallery Experience' exhibition was realized in London and New York.
On July 20, 2016 the collaboration OK Go x Perfume "I Do not Understand You" was released as ending theme of TOKYO MX 20th Anniversary Memorial TV Animation 3DCG short 'SUshi Police' anime series. On July 27, 2016 Pentatonix released the album 'Pentatonix (Japan Super Edition)', with the song "Perfume Medley", a tribute to the group. On July 31, 2016 "Hold Your Hand" was the end theme of the short movie "FASTENING DAYS 2".
On August 21, 2016 MIKIKO and Rhizomatiks from "Team Perfume" made the closing ceremony of the Rio Olympic Games. On August 30, 2016 Fuse Magazine added Perfume to list "FALL TOUR PREVIEW: 22 CONCERTS THAT ARE WORTH YOUR DOUGH", #7 place. On September 21, 2016 Perfume made live guest appearance in 3 radio programs in 3 different cities, promoting apart for the first time. NOCCHi at FM Fukuoka "Hiper Night Program GOW!!" in Fukuoka, A-chan at ZIP-FM "BEATNIC JUNCTION" in Nagoya and Kashiyuka at FM802 "THE NAKAJIMA HIROTO 802 RADIO MASTERS" in Osaka. On October 02, 2016 debuted the new 3DCG animated series Chii's Grand Adventures with "Nee" as opening theme.
On February 15, 2017 Perfume released the single "Tokyo Girl", the title track was used for the drama "Tokyo Tarareba Girls", where A-chan debuted as voice actress. They made a Youtube live stream performing the song in front of Tokyo Tower on Valentine's Day.
On March 21, 2017 Perfume finally released their fragrance 'PERFUME OF PERFUME', avaliable only on 2017 Spring on their webstore and Isetan stores. On March 31, and April 1, 2017 Perfume made their first drama appearance at Tv Tokyo Special drama 'Pensées', avaliable soon on netflix. On April Perfume stated that Kenta Maeda from the Los Angeles Dodgers was using "Flash" as his walk-up song this season.
On June 2-3, will happen Perfume Fes!!2017 with guest artists Denki Groove and Chatmonchy on Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Hall 9 - 11 Hall. On Jun 4, Perfume will appear on Amuse Fes in MAKUHARI 2017 - rediscover -, in Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Hall 1 - 8 Hall.
Musical style and image
The group's music, on several occasions, has been identified as "technopop". It was around 2003 that the group's original post-Shibuya-kei sound began making a transition to electronic dance-pop music, influenced by 1980s synthpop and incorporating vocoders.
MTV Iggy said "There are a few reasons why Perfume is one of Japan’s most thrilling pop acts. For one thing, there’s the music, which is an infectious batch of chart-topping melodies built upon a foundation of intricate maximal house production that would give Daft Punk a run for their money, with heavily processed vocals that stutter robotically yet always sound 100 percent human. On top of that, they have an impeccably designed retro-futuristic image and punishing, innovative choreography that they nevertheless render effortless. Where all of this truly comes together, of course, is on stage."
|Date(s)||Title of performance||Venue(s)|
|January 3, 2004||Bee-Hive New Year Live '04: Perfume Day||Shibuya-Boxx|
|April 11, 2004||Perfume Record Release！Sing Live Special!!||Shibuya O-Crest|
|December 16, 2004||Play a Trick on You!! Dreamy World||Shibuya O-Crest|
|July 7, 2005||Play a Trick on You!! Electrical Girls||Shibuya O-West|
|December 21, 2005||Perfume's Poppokepiiiii Night||Harajuku Astro Hall|
|December 21, 2006||Perfume Presents: Perfume ga Ippai Santa Yonjaimashita||Harajuku Astro Hall|
|July 5, 2007||Perfume Hikoboshi Boshū-chū||Daikanyama Unit|
|July 6, 2007|
|October 31, 2007||Thankful! Grateful! Poly-invasion! We're Perfume||Nagoya Electric Lady Land, Osaka Muse, Shin-Hiroshima Telecasting Shinkan Ninth Story Studio|
|November 3, 2007|
|November 8, 2007||Perfume: Seventh Heaven Feeling Pleasant||Liquidroom|
|December 31, 2007||Perfume Masaka no Countdown!? Li??idroom: That Night Once Again, in Zepp Tokyo||Zepp Tokyo|
|February 12, 2008||Perfume: Socks, Fix, Max||Shibuya-AX|
|February 13, 2008||Eve of P.T.A. Launch: Patto Fun Playing Gathering||Liquidroom|
|April 27, 2008||Perfume First Tour: Game||Zepp Osaka, Takamatsu Olive Hall, Hiroshima Club Quattro, Fukuoka Drum Logos, Zepp Tokyo, Zepp Nagoya, Niigata Lots, Sendai Forus, Sendai Club Junk Box, Sapporo Penny Lane, Yokohama Blitz|
|June 1, 2008|
|June 21, 2008||Hot Stuff 30th Anniversary: Black and Blue||Zepp Tokyo|
|November 6, 2008||Budōkaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!||Nippon Budokan|
|November 7, 2008|
|May 9, 2009||Disco! Disco! Disco!||Yoyogi National Gymnasium|
|May 10, 2009|
|August 7, 2009||Perfume Second Tour 2009 Chokkaku Nitōhen Sankakkei Tour||Toda City Culture Kaikan, Fukuoka Sun Palace Hotel and Hall, Hiroshima Kouseinenkin Kaikan, Himegin Hall, Ishikawa Kouseinenkin Kaikan, Niigata People's Kaikan, Sapporo City People's Hall, Sendai Sun Plaza Hall, Nagoya Nippon Gaishi Hall, Osaka City Hall, Yokohama Arena|
|October 30, 2009|
|March 7, 2010||P.T.A. Spring 2010 Tour||Yokohama Blitz, Zepp Nagoya, Zepp Osaka, Zepp Tokyo, Zepp Sendai, Niigata Lots, Zepp Sapporo, Zepp Fukuoka, Hiroshima Cluc Quattro, Kochi Bay5 Square|
|April 3, 2010|
|November 3, 2010||Perfume live @Tokyo Dome "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11"||Tokyo Dome|
|November 28, 2010||Mnet Asian Music Awards||The Venetian Macao|
|October 15, 2011||2011 Asia Song Festival||Daegu, South Korea|
|January 14 – May 26, 2012||Perfume 3rd Tour (JPN)||Kobe World Memorial Hall, Saitama Super Arena, Niigata Convention Center, Fukuoka Convention Center, Nippon Gaishi Hall, Shizuoka Ecopa Arena, Osaka Castle Hall, Hiroshima Green Arena, Ehime Prefecture Budokan, Sekisui Heim Super Arena, Makomanai Sekisui Heim Ice Arena, Nippon Budokan, Ginowan Seaside Park|
|October 26 – November 24, 2012||Perfume World Tour 1st (Asia)||Neo Studio (Taiwan), Rotunda 3 (Hong Kong), AX-Korea (South Korea), *Scape (Singapore)|
|May 29 – June 18, 2013||Zutto Suki Dattanjake ~ Sasurai no Menkata Perfume FES!!||Zepp DiverCity Tokyo, Zepp Nagoya, Zepp Namba|
|June 20, 2013||Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity (France)||Palais des Festivals et des Congrès (France)|
|July 3–7, 2013||Perfume World Tour 2nd (Europe)||Gloria (Germany), O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire (previously O2 Academy Islington, moved to better cope with demand) (UK), Bataclan (France)|
|December 7–25, 2013||Perfume 4th tour in DOME LEVEL3||Osaka Dome, Tokyo Dome|
|February 22, 2014||9th KKBOX MUSIC AWARDS||Taipei Arena (Taiwan)|
|March 15 – April 20, 2014; October 12, 2014||Perfume FES!! 2014||NHK Hall, Ueno Gakuen Hall, Shizuoka City Culture Hall, Honda no Mori Hall, Alpha Anabuki Hall, Kagoshima Citizen's Cultural Hall, UNIQLO-AX (South Korea- CANCELLED because tragedy of the Sinking of the MV Sewol); AX-KOREA (Seoul, South Korea, ex-UNIQLO-AX)|
|August 1 – September 21, 2014||Perfume 5th Tour "Gurungurun"||Hiroshima Prefectural Sports Center, Marine Messe Fukuoka, Osaka Castle Hall, Makomanai Sekisui Heim Ice Arena, Miyagi Sekisui Heim Super Arena, Yoyogi National Gymnasium|
|October 31 – November 15, 2014||Perfume WORLD TOUR 3rd (Asia, North America, Europe)||Taipei International Convention Center (Taiwan), Resorts World Sentosa (Singapore), Hollywood Palladium (United States), Hammersmith Apollo (United Kingdom), Hammerstein Ballroom (United States)|
|March 17, 2015||SXSW 2015||Highland (Austin, Texas, United States)|
|September 22, 2015||Perfume Anniversary 10days 2015 PPPPPPPPPP 「Perfume FES!! 2015 〜sanin matsuri〜」||Nippon Budokan|
|September 26 – October 7, 2015||Perfume Anniversary 10days 2015 PPPPPPPPPP 「LIVE ３：５：６：９」||Nippon Budokan, Hiroshima Green Arena|
|May 5 – July 3, 2016; August 26 – September 4, 2016||Perfume 6th Tour 2016 ｢COSMIC EXPLORER｣ (Japan, United States)||Miyagi Sekisui Heim Super Arena, Shizuoka Ecopa Arena, Sun Dome Fukui, Asty Tokushima, Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Hall, Wakayama Big Whale, Hokkai Kitaeru, The Wiltern (Los Angeles, U.S.A.), The Warfield (San Francisco, U.S.A.), The Vic Theatre (Chicago, U.S.A.), HAMMERSTEIN BALLROOM (New York, U.S.A.)|
|October 22 – November 12, 2016||Perfume 6th Tour 2016「COSMIC EXPLORER」Dome Edition||Kyocera Dome Osaka, Nagoya Dome, Fukuoka Yahuoku! Dome|
|June 02, 2017||Perfume FES!! 2017 ～Zen'yasai～||Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Hall 9 - 11 Hall|
|June 03, 2017||Perfume FES!! 2017||Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Hall 9 - 11 Hall|
|June 04, 2017||Amuse Fes in MAKUHARI 2017 - rediscover -||Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Hall 1 - 8 Hall|
- [2011.09.23] Moteki
- [2015.10.31] WE ARE Perfume -WORLD TOUR 3rd DOCUMENT
- [2006.07 - 2007.03] PaPaPaPaPaPaPerfume
- [2008.01 - 2008.03] Speciaboys Japan
- [2008.04 - 2008.09] HAPPY!
- [2008.10 - 2009.03] Perfume no Ki ni Naru Ko-chan
- [2009.04 - 2009.06] Perfume no Chandelier House
- [2009.04 - 2016.04] Music Japan
- [2005.05.18] Candy - "Promise" - Appear as a back dancer dancing hip-hop dancing.
- [2008.06.25] Porno Graffitti - "Itai Tachiichi" - PV only sings part of the song.
- [2014.10.27] OK Go - "I Will not Let You Down" - Cameo appeared in the opening part.
- [2004.05 - 2001.12] Perfume Planet
- [2004.08 - 2006.03] Perfume no Dokki Doki on Air
- [2006.04 - 2008.09] Perfume no Magical ☆ City
- [2007.10 - 2008.09] Perfume no Panpaka Party
- [2008.03 ~] Perfume LOCKS!
- 2008.12.17: Perfume Portfolio
- 2009.12.17: Perfume Livefolio
- 2011.02.04: Perfume LIVE@Tokyo Dome 12345678910 (Only members of the fan club P.T.A)
- 2014.04.26: Perfume 4th Tour in DOME ｢LEVEL3｣ (Only members of the fan club P.T.A)
- 2015.09.23: Perfume Fan Service [TV Bros.]
|2008||50th Japan Record Awards||Excellence Award||"Game"||Won|
|2009||Best Hits Kayosai||Gold Artist Award||"Perfume"||Won|
|CD Shop Awards||Sub Grabd Prix Award||"Game"||Won|
|MTV Video Music Awards Japan||MVA Best Choreography Video||"Dream Fighter"||Won|
|2010||Mnet Asian Music Awards||Best Asian Pop Award||"Perfume"||Won|
|2012||MTV Video Music Awards Japan||Best Dance Video||"Laser Beam"||Won|
|Japan Media Arts Festival||Digital Interactive Art Award||"Perfume Global Site Project"||Won|
|2013||Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity||Cyber Division Award||"Perfume Global Site Project"||Won|
|2014||MTV Video Music Awards Japan||Best Dance Video||"Magic Of Love"||Won|
|2015||55th ACC CM FESTIVAL||Interactive ACC Grandprix||"SXSW performance footage"||Won|
|MTV VMAJ 2015!||Best Group||"Pick Me Up"||Nominated|
|2016||Space Shower Music Video Awards||Best Live Production||"Team Perfume"||Won|
|2017||Space Shower Music Awards||Best Group Artist||"Perfume"||Won|
Some musicians have officially revealed that they are fans of Perfume. Marty Friedman named Perfume "the group that has the largest influence on the Japanese music industry in 2008", and covered their 5th major single Polyrhythm in the album Tokyo Jukebox. Musicians such as Kreva, Pierre Nakano from the band Ling Tosite Sigure, and Aya Hirano also admit to being fans of the group Utamaru from a Japanese hiphop group Rhymester and Okite Porsche from a new wave band RomanPorsche., who are both enthusiastic idol fans, declared that they were Perfume fans in the early stage of activities of the group and made a "25000 letter dialogue" over Perfume phenomenon on Yomiuri Shimbun Pop Style blog. Kimura Kaela played Perfume songs in heavy rotation in her radio program "Oh My Radio!" (J-Wave 81.3), which led them to appear in NHK and AC Recycling Ads. After their cameo in OK Go's video for "I Won't Let You Down", lead singer Damian Kulash revealed he was a fan via Instagram.
On Nico Nico Douga, the most visited Japanese video sharing site (similar to YouTube), MADs featuring Perfume songs and The Idolm@ster videos, were created, which led the album to number 1 status on Amazon.co.jp's music bestsellers. Some Internet media consider this as one of the factors for Perfume's net-based popularity at first. On the July 2007 ranking of Niconico Ichiba, or Niconico market, where users can introduce and buy goods related to videos, Perfume: Complete Best was ranked as number 1 and "Fan Service: Sweet" as number 7.
- "Spending All My Time" has been identified as an English-language song from many worldwide sources. Because the lyrics consist mainly English words and with reliable sources accounted to this, it is taken as an English song, not a Japanese song.
- 本日、新曲「Spring of Life」の着うた(R)が配信スタート！！Perfume、ユニバーサル ミュージックへ移籍～更に、アルバム「JPN」のiTunes 50ヶ国配信など海外展開も加速～ (Universal Music Japan) 2012.02.29 Archived March 3, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Perfume 「アイドル」の意味を回復する3人". QuickJapan. 74 (2007-10): 37. 2007-10-12. ISBN 978-4-7783-1093-6.
- "キュートでポップな近未来型テクノユニットPerfumeが初登場!!9/12にはニューシングル「ポリリズム｣をリリース!!". MelodiX!. 2007-09-22. TV Tokyo.
- "M3 "Baby cruising Love"". Shionogi Music Fair. 2008-02-09. Fuji Television.
- "なぜ今時代はPerfumeを求めるのか？ 近未来型テクノポップユニットのデビューから現在までの苦闘争、その真実の歴史に迫る！". BRIDGE. 56 (2008-05): 150. 2008-03-31.
- "パフュームの元初期メンバー河島佑香の脱退理由とは一体なに？". トレンド探偵局. November 25, 2013. Retrieved November 30, 2013.
- "Notable alumni" (in Japanese). Actors School Hiroshima. Retrieved 14 May 2016.
- "宇多丸×掟対談【第１章 出会い】". Yomiuri Online Pop Style Blog.
- Robson, Daniel, "Will the world wake up to the scent of Perfume?", Japan Times, May 18, 2012, p. 18
- 「アキハバラブ」店頭ライブに400人以上？カウント不能でした (in Japanese). Akiba Blog.
- 歩行者天国に警官がやってきてストリートライブを中断させてた (in Japanese). Akiba Blog.
- パフューム、アキバで"香り立つ"...冬衣装でライブ (in Japanese). Zakzak.
- "Perfumeの祝福でカエラ＆瑛太の結婚式がダンスフロアに" (in Japanese). natalie.mu.
- "動画サイトで大ブレイクPerfume ネット仕掛け説まで取りざた" (in Japanese). j cast news.
- "Perfume～サマソニの快挙！！" (in Japanese). All About テクノポップ.
- "唯一無二のアイドルテクノポップPerfumeの魅力を堪能せよ!!" (in Japanese). Cyzo.
- "Perfumeのプロフィール・ヒストリーならオリコン芸能人事典". Oricon Style (in Japanese). Retrieved December 22, 2010.
- "Perfume becomes first technopop group at #1 since YMO". tokyograph.com. April 23, 2008. Retrieved December 23, 2010.
- "Perfumeアルバム「GAME」＆全国ツアー10公演決定" (in Japanese). natalie.mu.
- "ついに実現！Perfume初の武道館ライブが11月に開催" (in Japanese). natalie.mu.[permanent dead link]
- "Perfume achieves technopop's first #1 single". Tokyograph.com. July 16, 2008. Retrieved December 23, 2010.
- "Perfume DVD outsells Koda, Amuro". Tokyograph.com. October 21, 2008. Retrieved December 23, 2010.
- "検索結果-ORICON STYLE アーティスト/CD検索, Weekly Singles Chart, 2008, December, Week 1". Oricon Style (in Japanese). Retrieved December 22, 2010.
- "Perfumeの新曲“セラミックガール”がBSフジのドラマ｢スミレ 16歳!!｣の主題歌に". Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- "Perfume to host "Chandelier House," "Music Japan"". Tokyograph.com. March 21, 2009. Retrieved December 23, 2010.
- "検索結果-ORICON STYLE アーティスト/CD検索, Weekly Singles Chart, 2008, April, Week 4". Oricon Style (in Japanese). Retrieved December 22, 2010.
- "Perfume Site Biography 2010" (in Japanese). Perfume Official Site. Retrieved April 1, 2011.
- "'Perfume x Lovefool – Pepsi NEX commercial'". Perfume City. June 8, 2010. Retrieved December 23, 2010.
- "Perfumeニューシングルは日産＆KDDIのタイアップソング" (in Japanese). natalie.mu. July 13, 2010. Retrieved April 1, 2011.
- "'Perfume announces Tokyo Dome concert in November'". Tokyograph. May 30, 2010. Retrieved December 23, 2010.
- "'Perfume captivates at first ever Tokyo Dome live & heads to MAMA awards'". Tokyo Hive. November 3, 2010. Retrieved March 11, 2010.
- "ＣＨＥＭＩＳＴＲＹ「ベストアジア－」に". Zakzak.
- "'New Single 「ねぇ」Announced due out 11/10'". Perfume City. September 29, 2010. Retrieved December 23, 2010.
- "検索結果-ORICON STYLE アーティスト/CD検索, Weekly Singles Chart, 2010, November, Week 4". Oricon Style (in Japanese). Retrieved December 23, 2010.
- "'Perfume & Chemistry take home awards at 2010 MAMA + performances'". Tokyo Hive. November 3, 2010. Retrieved December 23, 2010.
- "「キリンチューハイ 氷結」の新テレビＣＭに、Ｐｅｒｆｕｍｅ登場 ～新しく生まれ変わった「キリンチューハイ 氷結」をＰｅｒｆｕｍｅが爽やかに表現！～". 2011 news release. Kirin Company, Limited. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Perfumeタイトル未定の新曲がキリン「氷結」CMソングに" (in Japanese). natalie.mu. January 19, 2011. Retrieved April 1, 2011.
- "Perfumeシングル、震災の影響で発売延期＆収録内容判明" (in Japanese). natalie.mu. April 1, 2011. Retrieved April 1, 2011.
- "「キリンチューハイ 氷結」が２００１年の発売以来、累計販売本数で７０億本を突破！". 2011 news release. Kirin Company, Limited. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "2011 Asia Song Festival held". Manila Bulletin. October 17, 2011. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- "Perfume世界展開に向けレーベル移籍！今春CM曲リリース" (in Japanese). Natalie. February 28, 2012. Retrieved February 28, 2012.
- "Perfume、ユニバーサル ミュージックへ移籍" (in Japanese). Universal Music Group. February 29, 2012. Archived from the original on March 3, 2012. Retrieved March 1, 2012.
- "「キリンチューハイ 氷結」の新CM！「氷結 MAGICAL MUSIC」篇ＴＶCMソング『Spring of Life』 今春リリース！". News. Universal Music Japan. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Perfume reveals details on upcoming single, "Spring of Life"". March 8, 2012. Tokyohive. Retrieved March 23, 2012.
- "Moteki". Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "The Japan Times Online 'Will the world soon wake up to the scent of Perfume?'". The Japan Times. May 18, 2012. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- "Perfume to host this year’s MTV VMAJ!". 19 March 2012. Tokyohive. Retrieved March 23, 2012.
- "ABU TV Song Festival 2012 Participants". ESCKAZ.com. Retrieved August 17, 2012.
- "ABU TV Song Festival 2012". Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union. Archived from the original on September 20, 2012. Retrieved August 17, 2012.
- "Perfume To Perform at Ultra Music Festival in South Korea". Japanverse. Retrieved April 3, 2013.
- "Cannes Lions 2013 - Happy Hacking: Redefining the Co-creation Frontier". Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- "Cannes Lions 2013 - Perfume Global Site Project". Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- "Perfume WORLD TOUR 2nd". Retrieved April 14, 2013.
- "Perfume新作アルバム発売日決定、CMソング詳細も" (in Japanese). Natalie.mu. August 6, 2013. Retrieved October 12, 2013.
- Perfume, Momoiro Clover Z, Kazumi Nikaido and Other Artists will to Sing Disney and Ghibli Songs!
- "Perfume、新曲"Sweet Refrain"がドラマ『都市伝説の女2』の主題歌に決定" (in Japanese). Yahoo Japan. September 6, 2013. Archived from the original on November 4, 2013. Retrieved October 12, 2013.
- "Perfume To Hold Second "Perfume Fes"". JPop Asia. January 22, 2014. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on May 2, 2014. Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on May 4, 2014. Retrieved May 4, 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on June 2, 2014. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on August 19, 2014. Retrieved August 16, 2014.
- "Relax In The City/Pick Me Up Special Edition Store Page" (in Japanese). Universal Music Japan. Retrieved April 28, 2015.
- "Relax In The City/Pick Me Up Standard Edition Store Page" (in Japanese). Universal Music Japan. Retrieved April 28, 2015.
- "The secret of Perfume X Isentan "Perfume Dance Heel"". Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "「Perfume展 タワレコ後編 ～見といた方がえぇおもうよ？～」VoL.2 のお知らせ". Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "TV Bros.連載『たちまち、語リンピックせん?』が一冊に!! Perfume「Fan Service［TV Bros.］」として単行本化決定!!". Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "Entertainment Nippon - Perfume". NHK World. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on January 5, 2016. Retrieved January 2, 2016.
- "NEW ALBUM「COSMIC EXPLORER」のリリースを記念して、CAFEコラボレーション決定!!". Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "Perfume: A Gallery Experience Supported by Rhrizomatiks in LONDON and NEW YORK". Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "「I Don't Understand You」OK Go x Perfume フルバージョンにてデジタル配信決定!!". Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "Hiroyasu Ishida Directs New Anime Short "FASTENING DAYS 2" for YKK Corporation. Perfume provides their 2014 song "Hold Your Hand" as the ED theme". Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "FALL TOUR PREVIEW: 22 CONCERTS THAT ARE WORTH YOUR DOUGH From Beyoncé to Good Charlotte to The 1975, here's everyone you should see in the next coming months, so start saving your pennies". Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "20 Best Pop Albums of 2016 Rihanna, Gaga, the 1975 and more of the year in hooks". Rolling Stone. Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- http://isetanmirror.com/promotion/perfume.html. Retrieved 2017-05-23. Missing or empty
- http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/pensees/. Retrieved 2017-05-23. Missing or empty
- "Perfume Fes!!2017 in Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Hall 9 - 11 Hall". Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "Amuse Fes in MAKUHARI 2017 - rediscover -". Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "Perfume Interview" (in Japanese). bounce.com. February 7, 2008. Archived from the original on December 9, 2008. Retrieved June 2, 2009. (English translation)
- "08's J-pop Post-Perfume Divas" (in Japanese). All About.co.jp.
- 【新春特別版】今一番サウンドの影響力が大きいアーティストは？ マーティが期待しているバンドって？ほか、6アーティストを一挙にメタル斬り！ (in Japanese). nikkei TRENDYnet.
- "祝 『GAME』発売！ Perfume "FAN" Service ～続々とお祝いコメントが到着！" (in Japanese). CD Journal.com.
- "Utamaru – the idol-crazy, socially-conscious hip hop MC". CNNGo.com.
- "宇多丸×掟ポルシェ対談 完全版完成！". Yomiuri Online Pop Style Blog.
- "著作権絡みの議論がなぜ腑に落ちないかをPerfumeとニコニコ動画から考えてみる". 日経エレクトロニクス.
- ""アイマスMAD"で人気のPerfume、オリコン週間1位の快挙". IT media NEWS ねとらぼ.
- "Perfumeで盛り上がるニコニコ動画". All About テクノポップ.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Perfume.|
- Perfume Global Site
- Perfume Official Site (in Japanese), (in English)
- Universal Music Group Artist Page (in Japanese)
- Tokuma Japan Communications Artist Page (in Japanese)
- Perfume discography at Discogs
- Perfume discography at MusicBrainz
- AMUSE Profile Site
- Perfume on Spotify
|Awards and achievements|
|Japan in the ABU TV Song Festival
with "Spring of Life"