December 2, 1954|
December 2, 2006 (aged 52)|
San Francisco, California
|Known for||Poetry, Sculpture, and Gender Activism|
kari edwards (December 2, 1954 – December 2, 2006) was a poet, artist and gender activist. Her name is written all lowercase. She won the New Langton Arts Bay Area Award in literature (2002) and posthumously won a Lambda Literary Award.
She authored have been blue for charity (BlazeVox: 2006); obedience (Factory School: 2005); iduna (O Books: 2003); a day in the life of p (subpress collective: 2002); a diary of lies, Belladonna #27 (Belladonna Books: 2002); obLiqUE paRt(itON): colLABorationS (xPress(ed): 2002); and post/(pink) (Scarlet Press: 2000).
edwards' work has appeared in numerous publications, such as anthologies Blood and Tears: Poems for Matthew Shepard, Painted leaf Press (2000), and Electric Spandex: anthology of writing the queer text (Pyriform Press: 2002). Her works have also been exhibited throughout the U.S.
She died of heart failure, aged 52, on December 2, 2006.
- A Day in the Life of P, A is for Arts (2002) ISBN 978-1930068186
- Iduna, O Books (2003) ISBN 978-1882022496
- have been blue for charity, Blaze Vox Books (2006) ISBN 978-1-934289-39-6
- Bharat_jiva, Dusie Press (2006)
- Obedience, Factory School (2008) ISBN 978-1-60001-044-6
- succubus in my pocket, EOAGH (2015) ISBN 978-1-49518-614-1
- dôNrm’-lä-püsl, Punctum Books (2017) ISBN 978-0-692-37451-1
- kari edwards on the Poets' Corner
- Interview at Rain Taxi
- Interview at Chicago Postmodern Poetry
- kari's blog
- back in amerika...and getting ready to leave again, DELIRIOUSHEM
- Editorial for EOAGH Issue 3: Queering Language
- Review of iduna
- "poet kari edwards". poets.org. The Academy of American Poets. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- Ancestry.com. U.S., Social Security Death Index, 1935-2014 (database on-line). Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2011.
- @LambdaLiterary (2016-06-06). "Lammy for Trans poetry goes to succubus in my pocket by kari edwards #lammys" (Tweet) – via Twitter.