This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Faux performing in 2016
|Birth name||Kari Rose Johnson|
|Born||June 7, 1992|
|Origin||Little Rock, Arkansas, U.S.|
Kari Rose Johnson (born June 7, 1992) better known by her stage name Kari Faux, is an American rapper and singer based out of Little Rock, Arkansas. She is best known for her flamboyant dress, and conversational style of rap. Her songs are most commonly characterized as "internet rap" with repetitive hooks, minimal production, and an emphasis on clever wordplay.
Early life and education
Faux was born June 7, 1992 to a single teenage mother. She was adopted by a couple that had a 10-year-old son, and raised in Little Rock, Arkansas. Her father worked for the Skippy Peanut Butter factory in Little Rock, and her mother was a minister.
She attended Little Rock Central High School. After graduating she moved to Atlanta, Georgia and enrolled in the Art Institute of Atlanta, to study audio engineering, but dropped out after a while, declaring: "It sucked. The school is a scam, and I only had one real friend. That was just a bad time. I was so sad. I was smoking a lot of weed, trying to find myself, it was not working, so I took my ass back home.” 
In 2014, Faux released her debut mixtape, Laugh Now, Die Later, which had been received somewhat well from critics, landing a spot on Pitchfork's "Most Overlooked Mixtapes of 2014. The EP would most notably gain the attention of rapper Donald Glover, also known as Childish Gambino. Glover remixed Faux's "No Small Talk," and featured it on his own mixtape,STN MTN. Kari was also featured on Glover's 2016 album, "Awaken, My Love!".
In the fall of 2014 Faux moved to Los Angeles, California with friend and collaborator Malik Flint, in order to further develop her career and produce more music, but went back to Little Rock in 2016.
- Lost En Los Angeles (2015)
- Primary (2017)
- City Limits (2012)
- Sophisticated Rachetness (2012)
- No Sleep Til Atlanta (2013)
- Laugh Now, Die Later (2014)
|"Bday"||2016||Isaiah Rashad, Deacon Blues||The Sun's Tirade|
|"Zombies"||Childish Gambino||"Awaken, My Love!"|
|"Alotta Women / Useless"||2017||Matt Martians||The Drum Chord Theory|
|"Fake"||2018||Chloe x Halle||The Kids Are Alright|
|"On My Mind / Charge It to the Game"||Patrick Paige II, Syd||Letters of Irrelevance|
- "Kari Faux Lyrics, Songs, and Albums | Genius". Genius. Retrieved April 14, 2018.
- Haithcoat, Rebecca (February 17, 2015). "How Kari Faux Went From Working at Chick-fil-A to Chilling With Childish Gambino". Complex. Retrieved April 14, 2018.
- S., M. (June 6, 2017). "HEY, YOU'RE COOL! KARI FAUX". Mass Appeal. Retrieved April 14, 2018.
- Hallan Farah, Safy (February 27, 2015). "Gah Damn, Kari Faux Doesn't Want You Coming to Her for Answers". Vice. Retrieved April 14, 2018.
- "Spotify Web Player – Kari Faux". Spotify. Retrieved April 14, 2018.
- "Kari Faux". Retrieved April 14, 2018.
- "Overlooked Mixtapes 2014". Pitchfork. Retrieved October 6, 2018.
- Petrarca, Emilia. "Meet Kari Faux, the 24-Year-Old Rapper Tapped by Donald Glover and Issa Rae". W Magazine. Retrieved October 6, 2018.
- Lyle, Ashley. "Kari Faux Talks Working on Childish Gambino's 'Awaken, My Love!' & Writing Music for Issa Rae's HBO Hit 'Insecure". Billboard. Retrieved October 6, 2018.
- Starling, Lakin (July 20, 2016). "Kari Faux Is on a Mission To Be Great And Grounded". The Fader. Retrieved April 14, 2018.