Kari Motor Speedway
Kari Motor Speedway Layout
|Location||Chettipalayam, Coimbatore, India|
|Address||Chettipalayam, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu state, India|
JK Tyre National Racing Championship |
Indian Touring Car National Championship
MRF Formula 1600 Series
Formula LGB 4
Volkswagen Vento Cup
|Length||2.1 km (1.4 mi)|
Kari Motor Speedway is a purpose built Formula 3 auto racing circuit or race track, located in Chettipalayam, Coimbatore, India. The 2.1 kilometres (1.3 mi) long track was inaugurated in 2003. The circuit is named after S. Karivardhan.
Part of the existing track was used as a runway for power gliders, as a part of an ultralight aviation manufacturing company owned by S. Karivardhan. The stretch was also used in the late 1990s for drag racing events. In 2002, the land was purchased by former racer B. Vijay Kumar to build a track to conduct national motorsport events and the track was inaugurated in 2003. The track is named after S.Karivardhan, who designed and built entry level race cars.
The track regularly conducts the National Championship races for go-karts, motorcycle road racing and formula racing events. The track is also approved by the CIK and FIA to hold races up to the Formula 3 category. The category of cars that race in this track include Formula Maruti, Formula LGB, and Formula Rolon Chevrolet. The track is also used by motorcycle clubs, racing and karting schools and others for vehicle tests and driver training. The track also hosts Formula Bharat on a yearly basis since January 2017. Recently the track hosted first edition of FFS India 2017 in October 2017 with its second edition to be conducted in October 2018. 
- Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India
- Indian National Rally Championship
- Madras Motor Sports Club
- "Racing calendar - Kari speedway". racingcalendar.net. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- "Volkswagen Vento Cup to feature 12 new drivers". The Hindu. 20 March 2016. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- "LG Sports launches full-fledged circuit track in Coimbatore". The Hindu. 29 November 2003. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- Rozario, Rayan (4 November 2011). "Coimbatore may have a Grade 3 circuit, says Narain". The Hindu. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
city, oft referred to as India's motor sport hub, may well have a Grade 3 racing circuit in the years to come
- "City of speed". The Hindu. 24 April 2006. Retrieved 3 January 2007.
- "To Kari, with Love". The Hindu. 1 December 2003. Retrieved 23 September 2009.
- "Ratan Tata's visit". The Hindu Business Line. 6 August 2012. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- "Drivers' delight". The Hindu. 21 April 2005. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- "Back from oblivion". The Hindu. 1 December 2003. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- "A dream come true". The Hindu. 6 August 2012. Retrieved 23 September 2009.
- "Another speedway to heaven". Times of India. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- "About". Formula Bharat. 2016-03-29. Retrieved 2017-10-11.
- "FFS INDIA". Retrieved 2017-10-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kari Motor Speedway.|
|This article about an Indian sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|