Location of Karijoki in Finland
|• Municipal manager||Viljo Kurvinen|
|• Total||186.55 km2 (72.03 sq mi)|
|• Land||185.77 km2 (71.73 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.78 km2 (0.30 sq mi)|
|Area rank||308th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||308th largest in Finland|
|• Density||7.34/km2 (19.0/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||97.8% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||13.8%|
|• 15 to 64||59.7%|
|• 65 or older||26.5%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||20%|
It is located in the province of Western Finland and is part of the Southern Ostrobothnia region. The population of Karijoki is 1,363 (March 31, 2016) and the municipality covers an area of 185.77 km2 (71.73 sq mi) of which 0.78 km2 (0.30 sq mi) is inland water (January 1, 2011). The population density is 7.34/km2 (19.0/sq mi).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
- Aarne Ahola, Knight of the Mannerheim Cross No. 71
- Antti Rajamäki, former sprinter
- Erkki Rankaviita, folk musician
- Knut Sonck, dean
- Paul Norrback, accordionist and composer
- Pentti Lund. ice hockey player
- Susanna Rajamäki, athlete
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, maaliskuu.2016" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Karijoki at Wikimedia Commons
- Karijoen kunta – The official website of the municipality
|This Western Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|