This article possibly contains original research. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Body||Karimganj Municipality Board|
|Elevation||13 m (43 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-AS|
Karimganj city is located at  The area of Karimganj city is 16.09 km2. It has an average elevation of 13 metres (42 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Karimganj Municipality had a population of 52,316. However, if we consider from the nature of urban characteristics total population of the city may gone up to 100,000, because many parts of the town still fall under the jurisdiction of gram panchayats. Males constitute 51% of total population and females 49%. Karimganj has an average literacy rate of 83%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 87%, and female literacy is 79%. In Karimganj, 9% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Syed Mujtaba Ali (1904-1974), Bengali writer, academician, scholar and linguist
- K M Baharul Islam, professor at Indian Institute of Management Kashipur, Fellow, Indian Institute of Advanced Study (2016-2018)
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Karimganj
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "List of Parliamentary & Assembly Constituencies" (PDF). Assam. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 May 2006. Retrieved 5 October 2008.