Karimnagar railway station
|Indian Railway Station|
|Location||Saraswatinagar, Karimnagar, Telangana|
|Elevation||265 metres (869 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||South Central Railway zone.|
|Line(s)||Peddapalli-Karimnagar-Nizamabad railway line|
|Zone(s)||South Central Railway zone|
Karimnagar railway station (station code KRMR) is a railway station in Karimnagar District Headquarters. It serves the city of Karimnagar in Telangana State, India. It comes under Secunderabad division of South Central Railway, opened in the year of 2001.
It is a single broad gauge line located between Peddapalli-Nizamabad Railway section connected to the Grand Trunk Route(North&South main line, New Delhi-Chennai line) at Peddapalli(35 kilometres). Its neighbourhood station is Kottapalli railway station. There is a proposal of Kothapalli-Manoharabad new railway line.
Karimnagar railway station's construction started in 1994 on the sanction of Peddapalli-Nizamabad railway line by P.V.Narasimha Rao, 10th prime minister of India. Peddapalli-Karimnagar (35 km (22 mi)) has been laid between 1994–2001. The train service has been operational from 2001. Karimnagar-Jagityal line was completed in 2007. Train service from Karimnagar Jagityal was started in 2007. Karimnagar Peddapalli DEMU service started in 2001, later extended up to Sirpur town. Karimnagar Tirupati weekly express was inaugurated in October 2012; it got a good response, train frequency increased from weekly to biweekly in 2013.
There is a proposed railway line Manoharabad (near secunderabad) to Kothapalli(karimnagar) under construction will be able to serve the passengers by 2020 and the work has been finished till Gajwel (Siddipet Dist) planning to make a trial run on March 21, 2019 a railway line from Manoharabad(near secunderabad) to Gajwel and then will complete the work till Kotthapalli, which is 8 km (5.0 mi) away from Karimnagar city. Also now Karimnagar MP B. Vinod Kumar has mooted another railway line from the existing Karimnagar railway station to Hasanparthi (near Kazipet), which was pending since 1976. The laying of railway line from Karimnagar to Hasanparthi covering a distance of 45 km (28 mi) would ensure connectivity from Karimnagar to Hyderabad with greater ease. The South Central Railway (SCR) authorities had submitted a proposal in this regard by proposing railway stations at Annaram, Tadikal, Erukalagudem, Huzurabad and Dandepalli between Karimnagar and Hasanparthi to the Railway Board last month.
Originating and passing trains
- Tirupati – Karimnagar Superfast Express (12761) (Wed, Sat)
- Karimnagar- Tirupati Superfast Express (12762) (Sun,Thur)
- Karimnagar-Nizamabad DEMU (77260) (Sun, Mon, Wed, Thu, Sat)
- Nizamabad – Karimnagar DEMU (77259) (Sun, Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri)
- Karimnagar-Sirpur Town DEMU Daily (77255)
- Sirpur Town – Karimnagar DEMU Daily (77256)
- Jagityal-Peddapalli DEMU (77257) (Tue, Fri)
- Peddapalli-Jagityal DEMU (77258) (Tue, Fri)
- Kacheguda- Karimnagar Passenger Daily (57601)
- Karimnagar- Kacheguda Passenger Daily (57602)
- Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Mumbai – Karimnagar Superfast Express (11205) (Sat)
- Karimnagar- Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Mumbai Superfast Express (11206) (Sun)
This article does not cite any sources. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)