করিমপুর II সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||235.57 km2 (90.95 sq mi)|
|Elevation||19 m (62 ft)|
|• Density||920/km2 (2,400/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|• Total literates||119,778 (62.04%)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||WB-51, WB-52|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Murshidabad, Krishnanagar|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Karimpur, Tehatta|
Karimpur II is a community development block that forms an administrative division in Tehatta subdivision of Nadia district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Karimpur, Thanapara and Murutia police stations serve this block. Headquarters of this block is at Rahamatpur. It is located 66 km from Krishnanagar, the district headquarters.
Murutia, a constituent village in Karimpur II CD Block, is located at .
Karimpur II CD Block is bounded by Karimpur I CD Block, in the north, Daulatpur Upazila of Kushtia District of Bangladesh in the east, Tehatta I and Tehatta II CD Blocks in the south and Naoda CD Block, in Murshidabad district, in the west.
Nadia district is mostly alluvial plains lying to the east of Hooghly River, locally known as Bhagirathi. The alluvial plains are cut across by such distributaries as Jalangi, Churni and Ichhamati. With these rivers getting silted up, floods are a recurring feature.
Tarakganj is an important village of Nandanpur GP as well as in Karimpur PS and Karimpur II Development Block. This is an old village having very high literacy rate. People of Tarakganj are very peace-loving and law-abiding. There is a high school named Tarakganj High School and one library named Tarakganj Vidyasagar gramin Granthagar in the village. The granthagar was constructed on the land donated by the wife and sons of Late .Jatindra Nath Sarkar of the village, with the financial assistance of MLA, Palashipara Kamalendu Sanyal, Jogesh Ch Roy (eminent social worker) and his sons Jugal Pada Roy and Anil Kr Roy and Nikhil Ch Roy and general people also for the benefit of job seekers. Madhab Mondal is the secretary and Ananda Tarafder is the vice president of the granthagar. Barbak Pur also is an important village of Rahamat Pur Gram Panchayet. There are two high Schools: Barbak Pur MSK High School and Alia Madrasa.
As per 2011 Census of India Karimpur II CD Block had a total population of 217,136, all of which were rural. There were 111,418 (51%) males and 105,648 (49%) females. The population below 6 years was 24,063. Scheduled Castes numbered 35,130 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 2,643.
As per 2001 census, Karimpur II block had a total population 191,922, out of which 99,091 were males and 92.831 were females. Karimpur II block registered a population growth of 17.62 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade.Decadal growth for the district was 19.51 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
Large villages Karimpur II CD were (2011 census figures in brackets): Dogachhi (20,845), Dhoradaha (8,750), Pipulkhola (5,953), Saguna (7,397), Natidanga (5,118), Char Moktappur (5,144), Fazil Nagar (10,844), Narayanpur (10,994), Sadipur (5,425), Topla (7,178), Thanapara (8,834), Kishorpur (4,035), Dakshin Gopalpur (8,880), Barbakpur (7,739), Goas (9,609), Rahamatpur (6,225), Mahish Bathan (9,831), Kathalia (6,911) and Marutia (4,270). 
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Karimpur II CD Block was 119,778 (62.04 % of the population over 6 years) out of which 62,838 (52%) were males and 56,940 (48%) were females.
|Literacy in CD Blocks of
|Karimpur I – 67.70%|
|Karimpur II – 62.04%|
|Tehatta I – 70.72%|
|Tehatta II – 68.52%|
|Krishnanagar Sadar subdivision|
|Kaliganj – 65.89%|
|Nakashipara – 64.86%|
|Chapra – 68.25%|
|Krishnanagar I – 71.45%|
|Krishnanagar II – 68.52%|
|Nabadwip – 67.72%|
|Krishnaganj – 72.86%|
|Hanskhali – 80.11%|
|Santipur – 73.10%|
|Ranaghat I – 77.61%|
|Ranaghat II – 79.38%|
|Chakdaha – 64.17%|
|Haringhata – 82.15%|
|Source: 2011 Census: CD Block Wise
Primary Census Abstract Data
The 251 km long State Highway No. 11 passes through this block.
- "Murutia Market". Nadia District. Wikimapia. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
- "Karimpur II Block". onefivenine. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "Nadia District". Map. Nadia district administration. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Nadia district (10). Census Commissioner of India. Archived from the original on September 27, 2007. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- Gangopadhyay, Basudev, Paschimbanga Parichay, 2001, (Bengali), p. 70, Sishu Sahitya Sansad
- "Nadia district". NREGA activities - Block Performance MIS vs MPR. Nadia district administration. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on September 27, 2007. Retrieved 2012-04-12.
- "District Census 2011". Population Census 2011. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Provisional population tables and annexures" (PDF). Census 2011:Table 2(3) Literates and Literacy rates by sex. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". SOES. Retrieved 2011-03-25.