Karin Proia (born 14 March 1974 in Latina, Lazio) is an Italian actress who began acting in 1994.
An actress since 1994, she works in theatre, cinema and television in Italy and abroad. She worked such as leading-actress with directors as Joseph Sargent, Dominique Othenin-Girard, Michele Placido and close to actors such as Joe Mantegna, Emmanuelle Seigner, Valeria Golino, Giancarlo Giannini, Burt Young, Armin Mueller-Stahl.
In 1990 she obtained the "theory, solfeggio and musical dictation" diploma at the Conservatory "L. Refice" in Frosinone. She plays piano and she sings.
In 1991 she obtained the diploma of "Master of Art" at the State Institute of Art "J. Romani" in Velletri, Italy and in 1993 the diploma of "Applied Art" at the same Institute, specializing in "Art of Ceramics".
From 1991 to 1994 she attended some seminars: acting, diction, movement, theatral fencing at the "S.A.T (I.A.L.S)" of Rome and a course of mime at the "Perfecta of Latina".
In 1993 she enrolled at Sapienza University of Rome in Literature DMS (Study of the performing arts) where she also attended a class of "psichodrama" with prof. Ferruccio Di Cori.
She studied dancing and she trained in skating, archery and competitive swimming.
In 2006 she attended a course of "editing" in Rome. The short film Farfallina is her first film as director.
- Cinque giorni di tempesta, director Francesco Calogero (1997)
- A View from the Bridge, director Luciano Odorisio - TV RAIDUE(1997)
- L'avvocato Porta, director Franco Giraldi - TV Series CANALE 5(1997)
- Amico mio 2, director Paolo Poeti - TV Series CANALE 5(1998)
- Terra bruciata, director Fabio Segatori (1999)
- La vita che verrà, director Pasquale Pozzessere - TV Series RAIDUE (1999)
- Lui e lei 2, director Luciano Manuzzi - Episodes 1/4 - Elisabetta Lodoli - Episodes 5/8 - TV Series RAIUNO(1999)
- The savior of san Nicola a.k.a. Vola Sciusciù, director Joseph Sargent - TV MOVIE (2000)
- Week-end, director Paola Columba - Short Film (2000)
- Don Matteo, director Enrico Oldoini - TV Series RAIUNO (2000)
- Arresti domiciliari, director Stefano Calvagna (2000)
- The crusaders Aka Crociati, director Dominique Othenin-Girard - TV Series(2001)
- Segreti di famiglia Aka Hotel Laguna Aka Vendetta, director Dennis Berry (2001)
- Lo zio d'America, director Rossella Izzo - TV Series RAIUNO(2002)
- Vite a perdere, director Paolo Bianchini - TV Series RAIDUE(2004)
- Orgoglio capitolo secondo, director Vittorio De Sisti - Giorgio Serafini - Alessandro Capone - TV Series RAIUNO(2005)
- Ho sposato un calciatore, director Stefano Sollima - TV Series CANALE 5 (2005)
- Boris 2, written and directed by Giacomo Ciarrapico, Mattia Torre and Luca VendruscoloTV Series FOX(2008)
- Salomè - una storia, director Raffaele Buranelli - Short Film (2009)
- Boris 3, director Davide Marengo - TV Series (2010)
- L'importanza di piacere ai gatti, director Claudia Nannuzzi - Short Film (2010)
- Italia bella mostrati gentile, director Augusto Fornari - Short Film (2010)
- Area Paradiso, director Diego Abatantuono e Armando Trivellini (2010)
- Boris - Il film, written and directed by Giacomo Ciarrapico, Mattia Torre and Luca Vendruscolo (2011)
- Walter Chiari - fino all'ultima risata, director Enzo Monteleone TV Series RAIUNO (2011)
- Le tre rose di Eva, director Raffaele Mertes, Vincenzo Verdecchi TV Series CANALE 5 (2011)
- Ragazze a mano armata, director Fabio Segatori (2012)
- Le tre rose di Eva 2, director Raffaele Mertes, Vincenzo Verdecchi TV Series CANALE 5 (2013)
- Ombrelloni, director Riccardo Grandi TV Series RAIDUE (2013)
- Il ritorno, director Olaf Kreinsen (2013)
- A View from the Bridge by Arthur Miller, director Teodoro Cassano (1995/1998) Character: Catherine
- Steel Magnolias by Robert Harling, director Teodoro Cassano (1997/1998) Character: Shelby
- Denise Calls Up by Hal Salwen, director Pino Quartullo (2005) Character: Martina
- Liolà by Luigi Pirandello, director Gigi Proietti (2006) Character: Tuzza
- Uomini sull'orlo di una crisi di nervi 2 by Rosario Galli & Alessandro Capone, director Marco Simeoli (2008) Character: Livia
- Quel venticinque Luglio a Villa Torlonia by Pier Francesco Pingitore, director Pier Francesco Pingitore (2010)
- Terms of Endearment by Dan Gordon, director Gino Zampieri (2010) Character: Emma Horton
- Farfallina - Short Film (2008) - 10 min.
- Farfallina, director Karin Proia - Short Film (2008) - 10 min.
- Salomè - una storia, director Raffaele Buranelli - Short Film (2009) - 13 min. - winner Opera IMAIE award 2009