Karin Riis-Jørgensen (born 7 November 1952 in Odense) is a Danish politician and Member of the European Parliament with the Venstre, a Vice-Chairwoman of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs. She is the Chairwoman of the European Privacy Association, co-founded with Pat Cox in 2009.
She is a substitute for the Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection, a member of the Delegation for relations with the People's Republic of China and a substitute for the Delegation for relations with the United States.
- 1979-1989: Lawyer with the Danish Federation of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (Copenhagen and Brussels
- 1989-1994: Head of department at Coopers & Lybrand
- since 1994: part-time employment with Price Waterhouse Coopers
- since 1994: Member of the Executive of Venstre, Denmark's Liberal Party
- since 2002: Member of the bureau of Venstre's parliamentary group in the Folketing
- since 1994: Member of the European Parliament
- 2002-2004: Vice-Chairwoman of the Group of the European Liberal, Democrat and Reform Party (ELDR)
- Official website
- Personal profile of Karin Riis-Jørgensen in the European Parliament's database of members
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (Danish)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Denmark is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|