Karin Cornelia Josepha Straus (born April 6, 1971 in Roermond) is a Dutch politician and former human resource management employee and management consultant. As a member of the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (Volkspartij voor Vrijheid en Democratie) she was an MP between October 26, 2010 and March 23, 2017. She focused on matters of financial arrangements for children (among others child care), social and psychiatric care, and drug rehabilitation.
She was a member of the municipal council of Roermond from 1998 to 2003 as well as VVD fraction leader from 2002 to 2003. Since March 11, 2010 she has been again a council member of this Dutch Limburg municipality. In the meantime she was a member of the municipal council as well as VVD fraction leader of the South Holland municipality of Midden-Delfland from 2004 to 2006.
- (in Dutch) Parlement.com biography
- "Drs. K.C.J. (Karin) Straus" (in Dutch). Parlement.com. Retrieved 9 April 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Karin Straus.|
- (in Dutch) Karin Straus personal website
- (in Dutch) House of Representatives biography
- (in Dutch) People's Party for Freedom and Democracy website
|This article about a Dutch People's Party for Freedom and Democracy politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|