It is mainly used in Greece, Scandinavia and Poland; when spelt Carina it is used in Italy and Spain.
In Greece it means "pure" while in Poland it is more likely derived from Ekaterina, another variant of Catherine - again meaning "pure".
Carina also means "Pretty" in Italian.
It may refer to:
|Word/name||Latin (= precious)|
|Meaning||pure; beloved one|
|Related names||Carina, Katrina, Karine, Karin, Katerina|
|Look up Karina Petrosian in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Karina people, also known as Kalina or Caribs, an indigenous people of South America
- Ana Karina Áñez, Venezuela model
- Anna Karina, Danish-French actress
- Carina Benninga, Dutch Olympic field hockey champion
- Karina, or Elda Neyis Mosquera, Colombian guerrilla commander
- Karina (Spanish singer)
- Karina (Venezuelan singer)
- Karina Berger, Swiss model
- Karina Beteta, Peruvian politician
- Karina Gauvin, Canadian soprano
- Karina Habšudová, Slovak tennis player
- Karina Jett United States poker player
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Indian film actress
- Karina Lombard, American actress
- Karina Maruyama, Japanese soccer player
- Karina Moya, Argentine hammer thrower
- Karina Nose, Japanese Actress and Model
- Karina Ocasio, Puerto Rican volleyball player
- Karina Pasian, American singer and pianist
- Karina Sumner-Smith, Canadian writer
- Karina Smirnoff, Ukrainian dancer
- Karina Urquizo, Mexican singer
- Karina Villagran, Mexican American Lifeguard
- Karina, Sierra Leone
- Karina (VTA), light rail station in San Jose, California
- "Karina", a song by Menahan Street Band on the album Make the Road by Walking
- Behind the Name
- citation needed
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Karina.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.