Karishma Kaa Karishma
Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Karishma Kaa Karishma|
|Genre||Science fiction sitcom|
|Written by||Raghuvir Shekhavat|
|Directed by||Swapna Waghmare Joshi|
|Creative director(s)||Vincent Franklin|
|Theme music composer||Lalit Sen|
|Opening theme||"Karishma Kaa Karishma" by|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||65|
|Executive producer(s)||Sushma Kaul|
|Running time||Approx. 24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Alliance Media & Entertainment|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Original release||24 January 2003 –|
16 April 2004
Karishma Kaa Karishma is an Indian television series which is a remake of the 1980s American TV series Small Wonder. The series premiered on Star Plus on 24 January 2003. It is produced by Sunil Doshi of Alliance Media & Entertainment, and starring Jhanak Shukla as the cyber kid Karishma. It used to air Fridays at 7:30pm.
The story revolves around a scientist, Vikram, who designs a very lifelike robot. His goal is to find out if the robot (Karishma) will become more human-like as time goes on. His wife, Sheetal, who is easily influenced by her neighbour Shraddha, suspects Vikram to be having an extramarital affair due to his late work hours. But Vikram reveals the AI robot Karishma to the family and explains he was working on making her, Sheetal accepts Karishma as a daughter. Rahul, Vikram and Sheetal's son, is constantly annoyed by his neighbor, Sweety, who has a crush on him. Vikram and his family are the only ones who know that Karishma is a robot. Their nosy neighbors Shraddha and Paresh interfere in their lives and try to figure out who Karishma really is. This is the premise for a lot of episodes. Every episode, Karishma saves the day by solving the family's problem.
- Jhanak Shukla as Karishma
- Sanjeev Seth as Vikram (Karishma's father)
- Eva Grover/Tisca Chopra as Sheetal (Karishma's mother)
- Bhavana Balsaver as Shraddha
- Shweta Prasad as Sweety
- Mayank Tandon as Rahul
- Jamnadas Majethia as Paresh
- Kurush Deboo as Lappu (The Coward Ghost)
- Hansika Motwani as Tina (Sweety's Cousin) Ep 18 (Also appeared as a Chinese Child Robot)
- Daisy Irani as Maasi Ji
- Aditya Kapadia as Rishta (Sweety's American Cousin)
- "Adorable robot girl of Karishma Kaa Karishma". TribuneIndia. 9 March 2003.
- "Karishma Kaa Karishma debuts on Star Plus Friday". Indiantelevision.com. 22 January 2003.
- "The Sunday Tribune - Spectrum - Television". www.tribuneindia.com.