Karjalohja in winter 2008
Location of Karjalohja in Finland
|• Municipal manager||Henri Partanen|
|• Total||163.40 km2 (63.09 sq mi)|
|• Land||121.29 km2 (46.83 sq mi)|
|• Water||42.11 km2 (16.26 sq mi)|
|• Density||12.15/km2 (31.5/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
It is located in the province of Southern Finland and is part of the Uusimaa region. The municipality has a population of 1,474 (31 December 2012) and covers an area of 163.40 square kilometres (63.09 sq mi) of which 42.11 km2 (16.26 sq mi) is water. The population density is 12.153/km2 (31.475/sq mi).
Karjalohja was consolidated with the town of Lohja on 1 January 2013.
Results of the Finnish parliamentary election, 2011 in Karjalohja:
- True Finns 21.9%
- Social Democratic Party 20.3%
- National Coalition Party 19.9%
- Centre Party 16.5%
- Green League 11.3%
- Left Alliance 4.2%
- Swedish People's Party 1.8%
- Christian Democrats 1.5%
People born in Karjalohja
- Artturi Aalto (1876 – 1937)
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 31.1.2012" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
Media related to Karjalohja at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Karjalohja – Official website (Finnish)
|This Southern Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|