|Language(s)||Nepali, Doteli, Kumaoni|
|See also||Thapa, Basnet, Khadka, Kunwar, Mahat, Bista|
Karki (Nepali: कार्की) is a Nepalese surname used by Khas people. It is found among Chhetri community. Karki was one of the titles of governmental posts in ancient Khasa kingdom. The tax collecting officers in Dara/Garkha had the governmental title of Karki.
Notable people with surname Karki
Notable people who bear the name Karki include:
- Bipin Karki, Nepali actor
- Dipak Karki, Nepalese politician
- Gyanendra Bahadur Karki, Nepalese politician
- Ram Karki, Nepalese politician
- Rameshwor Karki, Nepalese
- Lokman Singh Karki; Former head of CIAA
- Neelam Karki "Niharika", Nepalese poet
- Priyanka Karki; Nepali actress
- Sushila Karki; First female and Current Chief Justice of Nepal
- Sushma Karki; Nepali actress
- Swarup Singh Karki, Dewan (Prime Minister) of Kingdom of Nepal
- Adhikary, Surya Mani (1997). The Khasa Kingdom: A trans-Himalayan empire of the middle age. Nirala Publications. p. 210. ISBN 8185693501.
- Subba, Tanka Bahadur (1989). Dynamics of a hill society: Nepalis in Darjeeling and Sikkim Himalayas. Mittal Publications. ISBN 9788173041143.
Some of the Chhetri clans are Adhikari, Baniya, Basnet, Bist, Bohra, Bura or Burathoki, Gharti, Karki, Khadka, Khatri, Khulal, Mahat, Raut, Rana, Roka, Thapa, etc.
|surname Karki. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|