|Member of the European Parliament|
1 July 1989 – 2019
|Born||22 October 1947|
Neukirchen-Vluyn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
|Political party|| German|
Christian Democratic Union of Germany
European People's Party
Karl-Heinz Florenz (born 22 October 1947) is a German politician who served as Member of the European Parliament (MEP) from 1999 until 2012. He is a member of the Christian Democratic Union of Germany (CDU), part of the European People's Party.
Florenz first became a Member of the European Parliament in the 1989 European elections. He has since been serving on the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety. On 23 July 2004 he was elected committee's chairman, but later succeeded by Miroslav Ouzký on 1 February 2007 as part of a reshuffle. Today, he serves as the committee's shadow rapporteur on the circular economy.
In addition to his work on the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety, Florenz served as member of the Parliament's Temporary Committee on Climate Change between 2007 and 2009. He was also part of the European Parliament’s delegations to the 2007 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Bali; the 2008 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Poznań; the 2009 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen; the 2013 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Warsaw; the 2014 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Lima; and the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris.
- Simon Taylor (November 21, 2007), Bali-bound MEPs European Voice.
- Jennifer Rankin (November 26, 2008), MEPs flock to Poznań meeting European Voice.
- The EP's official delegation to the Copenhagen Conference on Climate Change European Parliament.
- Climate change: EP delegation to attend Warsaw summit European Parliament, press release of November 15, 2013.
- Dave Keating (December 4, 2014), MEPs prepare to join climate talks European Voice.
- COP21 climate change talks: MEPs in Paris to push for 2°C target European Parliament, press release of December 4, 2015.
- Karl-Heinz Florenz kündigt seinen Rückzug an Rheinische Post, November 14, 2017.
- Advisory Board Deutsche Umweltstiftung.
- Karl-Heinz Florenz führt den Lions Club Fliunnia Rheinische Post, June 29, 2016.
- Andrew Bounds (June 26, 2007), MEPs propose end of road for sports cars Financial Times.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Karl-Heinz Florenz.|